Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
Maybe these but I cant remember if I actually seen them in the store.

If you use the slide bar below the picture you can zoom in and see the sizes that are in the box.

https://www.harborfreight.com/397-pi...ent-67580.html
Yes, they should be in that assortment. P30, P31, P32, or P33 ought to be it....ARH

Old 04-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #32

I found the right O-ring size in a packet of assorted ones at Autozone and I got it back on there and I re-assembled the Carb and put it back in place. I was trying to test it out but the throttle is stuck. I figured I put the plunger back into the carb wrong so I am gonna take a look at today and fix that.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcast01 View Post
I found the right O-ring size in a packet of assorted ones at Autozone and I got it back on there and I re-assembled the Carb and put it back in place. I was trying to test it out but the throttle is stuck. I figured I put the plunger back into the carb wrong so I am gonna take a look at today and fix that.
If you over-tightened the carb/intake pipe bolts it can also cause this problem....ARH

Old 04-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #34

I was able to keep it running finally and I took it out and ran it for awhile. Its much better after the valve adjustment. Also the throttle issue was the cable from the throttle to the carb was not straightend out and the plunger was in wrong. So I got it back on close to right. The bike spurts and spits on high rpm in 2nd and 3rd and also I noticed that it tops out at 54mph and I was getting almost 65 mph before the valve adjustment. So I'm thinking i need to do the mikuni carb with new jets like most of us here.

In other news I was able to get to Jiffy lube and get it inspected!! Last thing now is to get it registered and I am gonna do that tomorrow! I am so excited to get this registered and I am feeling very confident in the work I have done on my own. I owe Megadan and all on the thread a whole lot of gratitude. Thanks for all the help and encouragement! Its really great to have so much help and its just so rare to find it these days.

Now some pics from today my fav spot to ride up to, a hill in my area. Beautiful country. Its a great day to be alive.

Last edited by pcast01; 04-11-2018 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added pics

Old 04-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #35

Congrats on a successful registration. You like this bike now, but you're gonna love it when it's dialed in.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcast01 View Post
I was able to keep it running finally and I took it out and ran it for awhile. Its much better after the valve adjustment. Also the throttle issue was the cable from the throttle to the carb was not straightend out and the plunger was in wrong. So I got it back on close to right. The bike spurts and spits on high rpm in 2nd and 3rd and also I noticed that it tops out at 54mph and I was getting almost 65 mph before the valve adjustment. So I'm thinking i need to do the mikuni carb with new jets like most of us here.

In other news I was able to get to Jiffy lube and get it inspected!! Last thing now is to get it registered and I am gonna do that tomorrow! I am so excited to get this registered and I am feeling very confident in the work I have done on my own. I owe Megadan and all on the thread a whole lot of gratitude. Thanks for all the help and encouragement! Its really great to have so much help and its just so rare to find it these days.

Now some pics from today my fav spot to ride up to, a hill in my area. Beautiful country. Its a great day to be alive.

Yeah, jetting is off. If you buy a Mikuni, be sure to get genuine Mikuni jets. "Just as good as" and "Will fit" jets are not made to anywhere near the same standard so it's a crap shoot with them....ARH

Tags
magician 250cc