Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #1

Tbr7 pod filter?

Hi all, got a 2020 tbr7. I have an assortment of main jets that I got off EBAY, not the best jet kit, (some of the jets look identical, #125 looked the same as#105) however #110 installed seem to work pretty good on a stock bike. #115 on the stock bike bogged, I took off the air filter and lid and did a quick run on the street with the #115, MUCH better. Ok stockairbox is restricted. Does anybody have a link to a pod filter that will work with no modifications? I want to keep the stock box, just move and ziptie the inlet tube out of the way.
Thanks
Christopher

Old 10-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #2

I don't think there is room for that, unless you elbow off to the side and then it will stick out.

Most who run a pod delete the airbox which involves cutting (permanently).

Did you install the aftermarket exhaust or gut the CAT on your stock?

Air-In \ Air-Out if you are going with the POD filter.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #3

My bike, 2020 tbr7

Hi king, hi all, how was your summer? Good here. My intake is stock, exhaust also. I could never get the bike to TAKE more than 110 main, pulled smoothly no flat spots, revs out. But the plug is still ashy grey. Pulled the lid off the air box, now it pulls much better with the 115. Ok makes sense,increase the amount of air to match fuel supply.I'm going to try a #120 tonight, see if it will still pull?. I think it will,bike still surging a lil with a roll off from full throttle. Indicating a lil lean.I really don't want a pod filter, I can live with the air box lid off, never in mud or rain.I plan to do the CAT delete so I may need more jet than I already have in there. I have up to #150 size jets. Bike has 1050km.
My guess with my GPS mileage math correction, including optimistic odometer reading puts me about 450 miles. Bike is slowly improving, I play with it, tinker with it on weekends.
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 10-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #4

Ok I'm back, skipped the 120 jet, went to 125, bike still pulled nice and healthy all through the revs, bike jerks forward in 1-2 gears at full throttle snaps,wants to lift the front wheel. If I try that at idle to full throttle it will bog and hesitate like it wants to stall, I can live with that ,can't have it all!. As long as I'm rolling a little it will accelerate sharply, tried 130 and it wasn't as good, maybe with a cat delete it will take the jet. I've always had 2 stroke bikes,and I have ridden alot of others, including modern motocross bikes. For a 15hp/13tq 4 stroke I am impressed with the power those( small power) numbers feel. I thought that it ran pretty strong with the 110 jet.
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 10-06-2020, 07:02 AM   #5

Hey buddy..thanks for asking about the summer ( hope yours was well also ) - given we are both out on Strong Island.

Honestly, I left my exhaust and intake alone and instead focused on sprocket \ gearing ratios and carb tuning to get better bang from the bike.

Swapping the rear sprocket to a smaller size and mucking with your carb needle ( assuming you have the adjustable needle ).

I'm actually running a 100 main and struggled with running rich simply because of the needle position( no intake or exhaust mods ).

As a weekend rider, I am very pleased with the bike as is ....however I do like to tinker.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #6

Hey king, the only mods I have so far are 17/42 sprockets, the jet kit, New nobbies, I.R.C.tubes (stock tubes are comically thin) NGK B8ea?, it's not a resistor plug, better to have with a resistor cap from what I've read. And an auxiliary ground wire (8 gauge? )Much heavier than the spaghetti thin one from the battery to sprocket cover which is still there. Pro taper grips with doughnuts them, I've seen the CAT delete videos, can't believe the bike can run at all with that thing in there. I may cut it out sometime, seems like a P.I.T.A. though, plus I don't want any leaks. I'm doing things slowly, about every 2-3weeks ill buy something for the bike just to keep me busy. I ordered a digital volt meter and I'm going to mount it to the right side of the instrument cluster. Why not it was 8 bucks😎. Gotta have a hobby right?
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 10-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
Hey king, the only mods I have so far are 17/42 sprockets, the jet kit, New nobbies, I.R.C.tubes (stock tubes are comically thin) NGK B8ea?, it's not a resistor plug, better to have with a resistor cap from what I've read. And an auxiliary ground wire (8 gauge? )Much heavier than the spaghetti thin one from the battery to sprocket cover which is still there. Pro taper grips with doughnuts them, I've seen the CAT delete videos, can't believe the bike can run at all with that thing in there. I may cut it out sometime, seems like a P.I.T.A. though, plus I don't want any leaks. I'm doing things slowly, about every 2-3weeks ill buy something for the bike just to keep me busy. I ordered a digital volt meter and I'm going to mount it to the right side of the instrument cluster. Why not it was 8 bucks😎. Gotta have a hobby right?
Safe riding
Christopher
A resistor isn't absolutely necessary as there are no computers or radios to interfere with. You can just run the R version of the plug with no resistor in the plug boot too. That's what I do.

A foam style pod filter will fit the stock carb (at least on my Hawk it does) with the airbox still in place. It angles out a touch, partially behind the side plastic.