Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #16

on the flip side, I didn't really have any problems when I bought my hawk. worst was it took them some time to get me the MCO. everything else was fine. I suspect there's bad stories about most all of them. there's a very few that are truely focused on customer service, but that's pretty representative of the motorcycle industry in general. when was the last time you got good service from your local asian bike shop? two of them in my area suck. slow and expensive. they couldn't even do an inspection without making an appointment. Nature of the beast when their margins are too small.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
on the flip side, I didn't really have any problems when I bought my hawk. worst was it took them some time to get me the MCO. everything else was fine. I suspect there's bad stories about most all of them. there's a very few that are truely focused on customer service, but that's pretty representative of the motorcycle industry in general. when was the last time you got good service from your local asian bike shop? two of them in my area suck. slow and expensive. they couldn't even do an inspection without making an appointment. Nature of the beast when their margins are too small.
....and there's nothing more enjoyable than standing in a long parts line, just to get the stink-eye from the 19 year old parts guy who thinks he's God's gift to the motorcycle world and has the attitude to match. That was my last experience at one of the Big 4.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-14-2017, 04:58 PM   #18

My buddy bought a bike from them and got the worst quality built bike and the worst customer service. They answered the phone all the time before he bought but after the sale its like they are never open

If your looking for a good company to deal with go with Venom Motorsports they have two departments - one for sales and the other for tech support! I bought my bike from them last week and got it in 4 days and its been awesome ever since and their tech support team always answers my questions. Its the little things that matters and Venom does it.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #19

What bike did you buy I do not see any Dual Sports

Old 03-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
You know how it goes with these mega-warehouse box store websites. You get them for so cheap because they have no service and don't have to pay for a service staff or brick and mortar store. As the old night time comedy show said "How do vee do eet!? "WOLUME!".

I'm not saying accidents don't happen in shipping times or shipping damage, but I really feel that the vast majority of the bad reviews are from folks who have no idea what the CB World is all about, and have very little experience wrenching or assembly (picture the drunk Christmas Eve dad with a bicycle and crescent wrench) and expect them to run perfectly out of box.

With companies like SPS, PSM and some others, they move so much product, s--ts bound to happen. After all, it's rare that people rant about how perfectly things went.
Every one of these box store sites are a dice roll. So far, I've been lucky. It's why CSC has such rave reviews. They're a REAL shop and really care about their customers, not just a warehouse with a bank of phones manned by college students.

When the time comes I get Mrs. 2LZ her Coolster, I'll pick one of the two CA based mega-sites (PSM or SPS)....and cross my fingers. So far I've had luck with SPS but if they now warehouse out of Texas, I may avoid that. I need someone who can play the CA DMV game that's required here, not just mail me a bill of sale and MSO.
[
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~