Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #1

experiences with my new toy

Well, I did it; despite the freezing temperatures, I went out and took pieces off the bike. Specifically I removed the right side plastic stuff so I could get to the battery within. I do not know about you guys, but my battery is in a solid metal box, which feels as if it will keep it there well. Brought the battery into the house and put on a 2-amp charge. The top of the battery says slow charge .7 amps for 5 - 10 hours or fast charge 3 amp for an hour. I figured two amps for 1.5 hours might work.

I noticed that the chrome fasteners are in fact pretty darned cheapish. In addition, the bolts that attach the battery cables are not a perfect fit. However, from what I can see everything is still fine.

I have already managed to chip some paint off the side panel and figure a touch up with some model paint would do the trick.

What I really like about this bike is that the price I paid makes me not so afraid to mess with it. I am going to auto parts store today for a new spark plug and see about getting a better coil wire.

This thing is heaps of fun I been grinning for days