Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #1

CCW Misfit

A very good, fair, and balanced article and fun video on the CCI Misfit. Forgive me if this has already been posted. 8)

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...deo-91249.html

Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #2

I wonder what "modified head" means? Do you suppose they cleaned up the ports a bit? If so, I'm guessing that they didn't remove the head for that procedure. I'd also presume that they stuck a 30mm Mikuni on it.

I wanted to hear the modified bike; that stainless exhaust looked the part. It looks good with the clubman bars.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #3

Thanks for posting the interesting, informative link, Doc. I enjoyed reading the article, and the video was superb!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #4

I like the Misfit! But as said many times before, $3200 buys a lot of used bike here in Jersey. Two years ago i purchased an almost like new Honda 750 Shadow Aero w/ 508 miles for $3100 and all I have done is dust it off every few months

Different bikes of course...just sayin :idea:

I can only hope they sell the crap out of them, so I can find one in two years lightly used for 40-50% retail, now that would be worth a look IMO.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #5

They make CG125 motorcycles in China all day long , probably every day of the week.

My question would be how much does the standard CG125 Honda copy sell for on average?

The CCW bike is not an exact copy of a CG125...it could be called a CG229 with its modifications, but how much do all these additions cost and actually what do they add to the bikes overall performance?.

The CCW has a thicker swing arm and it has a rectangular swingarm, the orginal Honda has a tubular swingarm.
But the telemetry of the frames look are very close, is the original CG125 frame not strong enough to support a more powerful engine? The CG125 also typically comes with drum brakes front and back the CCW offer hydraulic disks.

Could somebody just take the CG125 frame and add a bigger engine and then just put a front disk on it and call it a day? I think a OHC 200cc actually has more horsepower then the engine they are offering, people are so weird they see 250 and it means something to them? Makes me think of that song “tell me lies”?

That is what this M1NSK is….

M1NSK also altered theCG125 frame, they added a cradle under the engine, but kept the tubular swingarm. I would prefer the 200cc OHC or even better a 223cc OHC. The bikes do not need a disk rear brake only a decent front disk.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #6

I would not pay $3,200.00 for the CCW it simply too much they seem to want people to invest in them but what is the return, the bike itself is not an investment to the purchaser. Not unless you put it in a climate controlled storage for 20 years.

I think they over did it they could have kept it simpler, personally I think these little bikes do not need to go through dealers they can and should be sold online with a shopping cart site that offers all the basic spares for them and some simple custom parts, like seat covers, handlebars….even custom painted tanks.

They dolled that little bike up and are selling it for top dollar, why buy a custom version and then change it? Its like buying an old bike and spending way to much restoring it….you will not ever get the money back at resale and most people get bored of a little bike and do eventually sell them.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
My question would be how much does the standard CG125 Honda copy sell for on average?
The last "push rod" WY125-R (stage 3 emission contains carbon canister... ) badged in Honda ~7k RMB
The "traditional" clone (w/o those environment friendly bullshit ) that export to developing country ~3K RMB
For example the chinese "KTM" http://vimeo.com/2832260