Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2021, 12:49 PM   #46

It looks like the magicians are allot different than the hawk/tbr7 using allot of completely different parts.

So my question is, since the chinese usually just copy another bike, what is the magician a copy of?
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 01-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
It looks like the magicians are allot different than the hawk/tbr7 using allot of completely different parts.

So my question is, since the chinese usually just copy another bike, what is the magician a copy of?

I JUST got my Magician a month ago, so I'm not the expert. The only thing I see it compared to is the "Hawk" I've read comments that say the "Hawk" is a little bit bigger (taller). I have seen some people say some of the components are the same, but plenty of them are not. I'm just as confused as anyone.

But up until last month, I had no idea there was this "world" of Chinese bikes. My other bikes have been Suzuki and Yamaha. Lol.. so "Japanese" bikes.. but you get what I mean.. more quality and a better-established brand.

Trying to get parts for the Magician is proving to be difficult. I guess there is a small market, plus there isn't a good cross-reference for compatible parts between bikes.

Wish I could be more help.

Old 01-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #48

It's a copy of a Yamaha Tricker, which isn't sold in the US

Old 01-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot500 View Post
It's a copy of a Yamaha Tricker, which isn't sold in the US
Thanks. I always thought they looked like a trials bike more than a trail bike. I like them.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 01-28-2021, 07:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel2feel View Post

"EA" seems like he rides much harder trails than I do, and I've seen his pics on his Magician--he definitely does! I'm just putting around, giving rides to my 2 boys, enjoying going SLOW on back roads and dirt/gravel roads.

On regular mostly flat trails it isn't too bad.
On anything rougher than a standard dirt road it handles like crap.
I'm thinking about getting a real dirtbike and keep the magician for the easy trails.
Kind of depends on how much I like the real bike.

I think I mentioned this in my other post, I just don't trust the magician at all. I think the engine is fine, but everything else attached to it is sketchy.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:58 PM   #51

Went out on the lake bed today. Hit some trails, ran into some planes, even jumped it.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #52

I've got to say, EA, I'm really liking your photography on these posts.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 02-06-2021, 01:59 AM   #53

I upgraded to a 2020 wr250r today. Much happier with it even though it's a bit tall.
Already ordered lowering link and seat concepts lowering seat.
Magician is listed for sale. If someone gives me 1100 or more it's theirs. If it is still here this fall I'm going to keep it for easy trails.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #54

Fun for $1100 dollars or more fun for ...........dollars?

Old 02-07-2021, 01:28 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Fun for $1100 dollars or more fun for ...........dollars?

I just don't like losing money. I feel like I got 300 worth of fun out of it. So 1100 is my break even.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:09 PM   #56

I took the magician out the other day after putting a few hundred miles on the wr250r.
Holy crap what an awful bike. I thought 1368 was a good price when I got it, now I think I overpaid by about 1300 bucks. I just can not believe how bad it is and how good the wr is. I am going to have to try out a Hawk and see how it is but damn the Magician is truly awful.
0/10 do not recommend.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:30 AM   #57

Wow! I didn't realize that they still sold the Magician. Sucks to hear how crappy of a time you had. Seems a lot of people had problems with it years back. Weird how the Hawk seemed to escape a lot of the pros and now even has an EFI version.

There are tons of "china" bike options. I plan on trying the Orion RXB-250 if I can. Maybe if you started with something like that you would not have had to upgrade. Then again the WR250r is a favorite of mine. Sad to see it was discontinued this year, probably because of EURO5. Hopefully it comes back as a 300 or 350. Seems a lot of bikes had that happen and then got a bump in displacement to be able to run the same numbers while leaned out.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:59 PM   #58

The magician did it's job.
I wanted a cheap bike to make sure it was something I wanted to do long term.
I get bored easily and switch hobbies often. Didn't want to dump 10 grand into something I'm only going to do for a month.
Riding the magician told me that it was something I wanted to do long term so I splurged on the wr.
That said, I probably should have went with the hawk. I was just scared of the seat height.Now I'm on an even higher bike with no real issues.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
The magician did it's job.
I wanted a cheap bike to make sure it was something I wanted to do long term.
I get bored easily and switch hobbies often. Didn't want to dump 10 grand into something I'm only going to do for a month.
Riding the magician told me that it was something I wanted to do long term so I splurged on the wr.
That said, I probably should have went with the hawk. I was just scared of the seat height.Now I'm on an even higher bike with no real issues.
Well i am glad it did its job then. I was just wishing it did it a bit better. Have always liked the Magician and loved that it was modeled after a trickster, a bike i wanted and couldn't have. Just wish they improved it.

I feel you on the seat height!! I have been worried about that this entire time! I haven't been on a motorcycle since i was a kid. So i had no idea if it would be too tall for me, I am only 5' 9" after all. Luckily Fusion Cycles is right down the road and and they sell them there. Never knew. So i was able to hop on one and surprisingly i am able to flat foot one! So that has me so excited!

Have been debating these two recently.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...embled-tested/

https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...32105259565158

Just wish the Orion had the option for a bigger gas tank. Plus i dont know its subframe status. I am a college student, i am getting bags or at minimum a case for the rear.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:57 PM   #60

Well, I no longer own the Magician. I traded it for an rmz 250 with 2 boxes of parts and 2 engines.