Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
But in order to cut off his right hand, he would require a left handed saw or left handed axe. Where to get one of those?
rtking, I just ordered one on Ebay...

Oh, but I'm still in need of the metric crescent wrench, I don't really need a left handed one, metric man, metric...
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 03-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Update, Robin?
Jay in Milpitas, no update yet. My local dealer wasn't able to send emails to the home office in Manila for the first week but then the parts girl here had taken a picture with her phone and sent to the head parts guy in Manila to check on it, that was March 9th or 10th (the bike has been there since Friday March 4th).

Today, when I go to the city I'll check. I honestly have a feeling they don't have the bearings in stock and will have to order them, if it's anything like the rear brake pads I ordered the day I purchased the bike, I should be on the road in 9 months (LMAO).

As a precaution I contacted CSC and Ryan had them on the shelf so I order from them. If my dealer gets the bearings before CSC delivery (about one month from USA to me here) then I'll just have an extra set as back up on my own shelf just in case.

I mentioned to Ryan that I'll probably have to join the group and make raving claims of wonderfulness, speediness and GREATNESS of CSC customer service WAIT, did I just do that???

I'll follow up when I have more news.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #18

In the photos the OEM / stock clutch bearing is on the right and the new replacement aftermarket is on the left; it is an IKO brand, part number KT 25-29-13 (that is the size also 25 ID, 29 OD, 13 Wide).

They are supposed to be high quality Japanese products from what I was told and what I was able to look up on the Net.

You should be able to see a substantial difference in the bearing housing of the IKO in respect to the OEM, hope the pic's show it well enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-03-18 13.54.21.jpg (89.6 KB, 1067 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-03-18 13.54.42.jpg (101.0 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-03-18 13.57.50.jpg (99.2 KB, 595 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-03-18 13.55.47.jpg (91.7 KB, 590 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-03-18 13.55.55.jpg (91.0 KB, 654 views)

Old 03-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #19

Thanks for posting the update, Robin.

I might order a pair of the IKO bearings so I will have the opportunity to install them as an upgrade whenever I have the clutch basket removed.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #20

Robin, are the replacement bearings you got here in the pics ordered from CSC?

Motorstar/Eastworld after sales support is just #%@*^. Over a year since they released the RX3 into the market, they don't have spare parts on stock. At least beyond replacement control cables and brake pads which IMHO is overpriced.

Last week, my bike developed a leak in the water pump. Motorstar's head mechanic diagnosed it as a problem with either the water pump shaft or the seals. He advised to have the bike brought to their shop. Upon disassembly of the right crank cover it was discovered that the shaft has been deeply scored by the rubber seal lips.

Of course, the dealer has no replacements on stock. I had me going around looking for the correct sized rubber seals and had to take the shaft to several machine shops to have it re-faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
In the photos the OEM / stock clutch bearing is on the right and the new replacement aftermarket is on the left; it is an IKO brand, part number KT 25-29-13 (that is the size also 25 ID, 29 OD, 13 Wide).

They are supposed to be high quality Japanese products from what I was told and what I was able to look up on the Net.

You should be able to see a substantial difference in the bearing housing of the IKO in respect to the OEM, hope the pic's show it well enough.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
All I can find around here are left hand crescent wrenches and I'm right handed. Whats a fella to do? rj
Use a single hex socket...
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Last edited by pete; 04-09-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3lios View Post

Motorstar/Eastworld after sales support is just #%@*^. Over a year since they released the RX3 into the market, they don't have spare parts on stock. At least beyond replacement control cables and brake pads which IMHO is overpriced.

Last week, my bike developed a leak in the water pump. Motorstar's head mechanic diagnosed it as a problem with either the water pump shaft or the seals. He advised to have the bike brought to their shop. Upon disassembly of the right crank cover it was discovered that the shaft has been deeply scored by the rubber seal lips.

Of course, the dealer has no replacements on stock. I had me going around looking for the correct sized rubber seals and had to take the shaft to several machine shops to have it re-faced.
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with Motorstar/Eastworld.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 AM   #23

Quote:

How many miles are on this machine?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with Motorstar/Eastworld.
Thank you.

Lesson learned. I am not gonna get another bike from this dealer, ever. Too bad It will be them who are set to release the Shineray XY400 this year. I am sorely tempted but I am gonna be saying no.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
How many miles are on this machine?

About 13,500

Old 04-19-2016, 08:03 PM   #26

Quote:

h3lios, the IKO bearings I purchased in Iloilo City from a bearing specialty shop. Motorstar doesn't have stock and would no order them, I took one of the OEM to the bearing shop and they matched it up. I can't find the receipt for the shop name but they are a big outfit, they shipped it from Manila to Iloilo, 3 days.

Like you I would never purchase from Motorstar again. You have to have the attitude that there is no warranty and just do every thing yourself and avoid the pain and headache of dealing with them.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner been swamped with house repairs.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:07 PM   #27

h3lios, did you purchase that bike new or used? As far as parts and stuff, look up the thread by Spudrider and ordering from Taobao, I have done so and all has been good.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #28

Rice burner.. I'm a doctor in the Philippines. I'm impressed with your passion for medical missions. Regarding buying the Motorstar 250... I think you should have gone with the Honda CRF250L.. Service and parts would be more available. I haven't bought a Motorstar vehicle yet because I have yet to be convinced they can truly provide adequate service (except from their main dealership in Calookan). But parts-wise.. Not even the main office will carry everything. Good luck and God bless!!!

Old 05-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
Rice burner.. I'm a doctor in the Philippines. I'm impressed with your passion for medical missions. Regarding buying the Motorstar 250... I think you should have gone with the Honda CRF250L.. Service and parts would be more available. I haven't bought a Motorstar vehicle yet because I have yet to be convinced they can truly provide adequate service (except from their main dealership in Calookan). But parts-wise.. Not even the main office will carry everything. Good luck and God bless!!!
Hello Doc., I've been away from the forum sorry I missed your post. Your right about Motorstar and parts, and yes the Honda or Yamaha XT250 would have been a better choice and I have in fact sold my RX3 for this very reason. I'm back with a little Yamaha YBR125G. Not fast like the RX3, that puppy would get up and go but it's also too big for riding errands into the city. The YBR being much lighter is just so much better.

Since I injured my knee back in Oct. 2015 I really noticed it when riding the RX3, getting on and off and having to push it around in tight spaces in the city and even my driveway. I know I wont be riding way out into the back country or the really tough trails for sometime to come, the YBR is fine for delivering the vitamins and finding the kids.

I would not in my case and location buy another Motorstar. Honda, Yamaha or a Kawasaki are good but not Morotstar, as you pointed out with the parts availability.