Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2022, 05:38 PM   #1

I need help with my 2008 gio ATV

I recently bought a 2008 gio ATV used - I know absolutely nothing about it. So I have a few questions:

- Where do I put the oil?
- What headlights does it need? The headlight bulbs are missing.

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #2

The first thing I would do is identify the model of your ATV. I took a quick look and I see Gio made a few models that year. Post the model in your reply and I'll try and help.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:17 PM   #3

Can I text you pictures? The handlebars say 'odi', the engine has japanese on it... The guy I bought it from said its a 2008 gio, but I'm confused. It looks like odi may be a grip company, but still... not sure what this thing is.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio2008rider View Post
Can I text you pictures? The handlebars say 'odi', the engine has japanese on it... The guy I bought it from said its a 2008 gio, but I'm confused. It looks like odi may be a grip company, but still... not sure what this thing is.
You can attatch pictures to your post so others can help you identify it as well. There are a bunch of different GIO models, even just doing a google search might help you identify it. I've had two different GIO models, a Beast 200cc and a Mini-Beast 110. The oil fill locations were both on the sides of the engine down low. Fairly easy to distinguish because they were both the plastic caps that kind of resemble a lawnmower fill for the oil, but they had a plastic dipstick attatched to them. If I remember correctly (I've sold both machines now) they also had the oil capacity embossed on the engine case by the filler. Hope this helps!

Old 06-25-2022, 11:12 PM   #5

ya thanks so much! The oil was pretty nasty, so its good I replaced it. I shot the rear shock now though. I tried picking it up by the back (stupid in retrospect) and it totally seperated from the axle thing, and a bunch of black liquid leaked out.

Tags
gio, gio beast, headlight, oil, oil change