Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2019, 12:27 PM   #1

Hawk 250 No Spark

Two years old, 67 miles total, lol lots of garage time. Anyway started off with not getting spark at times grew to no spark. In this last week I have changed everything, stator, vr, cdi box, vr and the coil. It just turned into if it is not this I will just buy that. Today I am going to, once again, check every connection solder and lose wires etc and just go over it with a fine comb. Stator has well over 50 vac to cdi, I get a strong pule but very low signal to the coil and of course no spark, I have tested and retested, I have read many forums on this topic and just can not get this bike to fire. Of course the kill switch is also new and works great, there is no kick stand safety switch on this model. There is a nutural saftey but it operates the main power and that works fine. Any little tips to check this or that that might steer me to getting this thing running this morning would be a great help. I will be in my shop all day until i figure this thing out. Have ever tool, meters, light you name it I got it. Thank you if you can help at all.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:13 PM   #2

Problem Solved

After changing everything I found the problem with was with the ignition switch itself shorting out and sending weird voltage to the cdi. Once I replaced the ignition switch it sparked right up. I am going to to a youtube video about the proper way to test voltage at every point to determine the issue with no spark on the Hawk 250. I had used a test light when testing key points and when I switched to a meter I noticed the solution right away.

This was a true bugger.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #3

Dont forget to look outside the main components. A short in the kill switch could also cause a no spark.

Edit: I literally posted right after you lol. Glad you found it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #4

Pulling the ignition plug/wire and kick starting to test spark would show the result too.
Or disconnecting all plugs n jumper wire ONLY the parts you need and not the kill switch/wire etc would help solve it as well.

Tags
hawk 250, no sparkm wont fire, stator