Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #1

Exclamation Rewiring Problem

Hi all,
I'm a new rider first bike and everything.

I bought a GY200-1 with a new Lifan 200cc motor, WITH NO WIRING HARNESS. What I was thinking buying it not even God knows.

Besides the point, I have a 6 pin CDI and two mystery wires coming from the engine. They are a 5 pin coming from the stator (alternator as a car guy) and a 6 pin coming from somewhere I don't want to take apart. I can't find any harness's that support that. Is the six-pin for the odometer? -I could run without that.

I'm buying this tonight https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-El...cAAOSwpkFY62pS

This is only for the engine none of the turn signals or lights. If somebody knows of one that supports everything that'd be a Godsend.

I can't find any info on the bike at all so any help is needed and welcome.

Thank you all.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #2

Long shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar2558 View Post
Hi all,
I'm a new rider first bike and everything.

I bought a GY200-1 with a new Lifan 200cc motor, WITH NO WIRING HARNESS. What I was thinking buying it not even God knows.

Besides the point, I have a 6 pin CDI and two mystery wires coming from the engine. They are a 5 pin coming from the stator (alternator as a car guy) and a 6 pin coming from somewhere I don't want to take apart. I can't find any harness's that support that. Is the six-pin for the odometer? -I could run without that.

I'm buying this tonight https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-El...cAAOSwpkFY62pS

This is only for the engine none of the turn signals or lights. If somebody knows of one that supports everything that'd be a Godsend.

I can't find any info on the bike at all so any help is needed and welcome.

Thank you all.
I know it is a long shot, but try contacting Vince at TboltUSA.com. They sell Lifan pit bike engines (as well as others). A lot of their engines come with harnesses. So, they may have a harness that can be adapted for your use or know of where to get one.

I only know them because I have bought quite a few parts from them and they seem honest and friendly.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 04-21-2020, 11:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
I know it is a long shot, but try contacting Vince at TboltUSA.com. They sell Lifan pit bike engines (as well as others). A lot of their engines come with harnesses. So, they may have a harness that can be adapted for your use or know of where to get one.

I only know them because I have bought quite a few parts from them and they seem honest and friendly.

That helps much more than you know. Thank you

Old 04-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #4

Quote:

"They are a 5 pin coming from the stator (alternator as a car guy)"
3 yellows and 1 green with white strip, blue with white strip? DC CDI type
Or:
1 pink 1 yellow 1 black with red strip and the green with white as well as the blue with white? AC cdi type

6 wire no doubt is gear indicator - 1 being green with red strip - N?

do you need lights etc? how many coils on stator? 8 11 12 18?

I have a used loom from a Hawk like bike and could make it match what you need but shipping......

Old 04-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #5

Thanks!
I just ordered this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-El...kAAOSw-RldA8ZB

the colors you gave me helped a lot ill just add switches and lights into their own circuits entirely i think. It needs to be street legal

Old 04-22-2020, 07:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks!
I just ordered this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-El...kAAOSw-RldA8ZB

the colors you gave me helped a lot ill just add switches and lights into their own circuits entirely i think. It needs to be street legal
I had another loom and I tested n sent that out to a guy in GA - I tested and fitted all things to it etc as this helped him a lot.
$40 tho I cannot beat or match that even tho I live in China and shipping now is slow and gets to be a big chunk of the costs etc.

He wanted a Hawk loom and I had it with an alarm etc so we set up the loom to suit everything he needed.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I had another loom and I tested n sent that out to a guy in GA - I tested and fitted all things to it etc as this helped him a lot.
$40 tho I cannot beat or match that even tho I live in China and shipping now is slow and gets to be a big chunk of the costs etc.

He wanted a Hawk loom and I had it with an alarm etc so we set up the loom to suit everything he needed.
Just got a new stator .. will the muticolor AC cdi type work with the 3 yellow wire/g/w and b/w set up if wired correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
"They are a 5 pin coming from the stator (alternator as a car guy)"
3 yellows and 1 green with white strip, blue with white strip? DC CDI type
Or:
1 pink 1 yellow 1 black with red strip and the green with white as well as the blue with white? AC cdi type

6 wire no doubt is gear indicator - 1 being green with red strip - N?

do you need lights etc? how many coils on stator? 8 11 12 18?

I have a used loom from a Hawk like bike and could make it match what you need but shipping......

Tags
electronics, harness, help me