Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2022, 08:42 PM   #1

No Crank Signal Hellcat

Hello everyone! This is my first post in the forum and I hope that I have posted this in the right place. Secondly, I have used the search bar to no avail unfortunately and I'm hoping I didn't miss a similar post.

Now that that's out of the way:
I have a 2019 Tao Tao Hellcat 125cc that I was daily riding back and forth to work last fall. One day it died and I found it was getting no spark. Long story short, I replaced the stator and crank signal pick-up with a NON tao tao part. It worked for a few short weeks and then I was in the same boat as before. I've now replaced it 3 times and each time it will run for about a lap around the neighborhood and then its game over. I've also replaced the reluctor(?) wheel hoping that would solve my issue but unfortunately it did not. My question is, has anyone else encountered this issue? And did anyone find a permanent solution? I'd really like to start riding this thing again since spring is finally here. Any help is welcomed.

Thank you for reading my lengthy first post!

Old 05-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #2

I haven't heard of this being a common, let alone repeat issue...

Something in there must be either shorting the stators and pickup out, or causing mechanical/physical damage to it.. hard to say.

On a related note, got a spare $900-$1000? ZS190 engine with GP1 style exhaust is the easy fix... lol. Half joking.. but 20hp is nice on this frame.

Tags
hellcat, no crank, no spark, stator, tao tao