Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #721

Adjusted the chain. Now that the bike is mostly rebuilt I am making good use of it, and Roxy has been sweet the last few rides.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Did you use clear plastic tube type things so the light goes from base to the black thing easier?
What did you use?
no ,he just took the speedo cluster apart and removed the black rectangle mask shown in the above pics. You loose all the icons of what each light represents but its easy to figure out by what button your pushing.....high bean, L&R turn signal, low gas, neutral, etc. you can then see these lights in broad daylight. rj

Old 09-06-2018, 01:35 AM   #723

Part of my order I just received, spare blank keys fuel filter and the main thing is a new stepper motor to see if my theory is correct as to why it bogs just on light throttle and why I get a exhaust pop on decel near 2000 - 3000 rpm.
I suspect a slow or lazy stepper motor so it allows in too much air.
Will see!
Tomorrow I should have a totally new throttle body as well as a totally new version radiator water bottle to try out.

See what is what once completed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keys.jpg (76.3 KB, 285 views)

Old 09-07-2018, 06:29 AM   #724

Sorted the decel pop and surge just off idle - the stepper motor needed cleaning and was great.............. for around 10km and then no idle.
Pulled it apart and found the stepper totally out so blocking the air passges.

Here is my NEW NEW NEW water bottle from the RX3s and I found it wasn't easy to mount to the panel due to the water hose, so I did it to the frame area instead.
Be the easiest way to top up I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20180907182628.jpg (86.0 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20180907182635.jpg (85.2 KB, 305 views)

Old 09-07-2018, 06:32 AM   #725

How to remove the RX3 fuel tank in under 10 minutes

Remove seats and tank bolt, then remove the 4 stainless bolts and gently move side covers apart lift the tank up n remove wires and hoses
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20180907183142.jpg (92.7 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20180907183154.jpg (92.2 KB, 277 views)

Old 09-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #726

RX3 with elegance
I’ll see what they’re like on the bike n if they stay put or move about.
They are covers and stretchy valcrow rather then staples on.
I wonder if an upholstered set would be much better
What’s your thoughts?
Might add this to my product line
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 763F8A92-22BF-4D3C-9CD7-163B27FD7102.jpg (9.4 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg 77B64732-71DD-4956-B4AC-08C1D85FF191.jpg (14.4 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg 3C03041D-5EC4-48DA-BF31-C3BC2D5F692A.jpg (11.0 KB, 264 views)

Old 09-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Might add this to my product line
Hundreds of Old School, level, evenly padded motorcycle seats are good for hours of riding. Been that way for at least 50 years.The BMW offroad racers style is a broken fashion statement and fails on virtually every bike fitted with such a seat. It is an idea no more thoughtful than ripped jeans, no underwear, and spread legs in high school.

What is the effect on seat comfort? Price? Any other contact points besides the ischium and sacrum? Price?

Sure would be nice to spread the load across instead of the three boney points and testicles jammed into the seat while the rest of my bottom is suspended by the stupid fashion seat design.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #728

Not ridden the bike yet, fitment is not so perfect and I do not think it is something great to sell punters - I don't want bad feed back and as you see n the pic it well...... crinkles up a bit.

I should have a chance to ride it in crazy Chengdu traffic tomorrow if its not cats n dogs dropping from the sky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat1.jpg (89.2 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg Seat 2.jpg (89.2 KB, 219 views)

Old 10-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #729

Big day today, I received my yellow RX3 via the shipping company. They scared me a bit when they called ahead and said I would have to inspect the box on the truck as there was some damage. Turns out there were two forklift size holes in the side of the box, looking inside there was just some slight scratches on the underside of one of the engine guards which I can live with. Any way got the crate down, the bike uncrated, ran down to DMV, got the paperwork done to make it legal (good job on the required info from CSC ), came home added all the loose bits and took it for a ride to fill up the gas tank. I'm impressed, never actually saw one of these in real life, just been reading about them on the internet for years. I'm 6'1 and I like the frame size, feels like a bigger bike. The break in period is going to be a bit frustrating, holding back the throttle LOL. Oil filters on order, see if they get here before the first oil change is due

Old 10-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #730

Rode mine to work in the rain this morning, as my Car's Coil pack went out.....
I don't mind riding in the rain, but prefer to not get wet on my way to work.....getting wet coming home is no big deal, as I have clothes to change into there.
My rain suit kept me mostly dry, so not to bad.....hoping it stops before quiting time
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #731

Well I made it to the US of A
Lax to Vegas and now Salt Lake City Utah!
A lot of driving!
Was cool to catch up with a customer in LA as I supplied him a 300 kit side case bags oil filters and tune up parts
I’ve only got a few bits spare lol!
Off to Yellowstone tomorrow!

Old 10-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Big day today, I received my yellow RX3 via the shipping company. They scared me a bit when they called ahead and said I would have to inspect the box on the truck as there was some damage. Turns out there were two forklift size holes in the side of the box, looking inside there was just some slight scratches on the underside of one of the engine guards which I can live with. Any way got the crate down, the bike uncrated, ran down to DMV, got the paperwork done to make it legal (good job on the required info from CSC ), came home added all the loose bits and took it for a ride to fill up the gas tank. I'm impressed, never actually saw one of these in real life, just been reading about them on the internet for years. I'm 6'1 and I like the frame size, feels like a bigger bike. The break in period is going to be a bit frustrating, holding back the throttle LOL. Oil filters on order, see if they get here before the first oil change is due
Keni, congratulations on your new RX3. Do break it in and it will only get better as in better braking and power smoothing out in the first 1000 miles. Mine has 16500 on it now and has never , ever left me stranded or broke down for that matter. Had a flat rear tire once is all. Many miles of happy face. If you go off road much check all the nuts and bolts , especially on the side cases. All the bouncing around they will work loose and fall out. rj

Old 10-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #733

Had a good brunch at a Salvadoran joint near downtown LA. Tako is a good guy to hang out with, and his lovely wife, although quiet, was also interesting. I picked up...

300cc kit with his special extras to make it easy. I can't comment on this much as it's not installed, but everything looks well made. The valve pockets are cast, not machined, but that's not a huge thing either. I can't decide whether to try polishing them, which could be risky.

Interior soft liner/bags for the side cases. These are very well made, no Chinesium here. Good solid material with good seams, handles, shoulder strap. There are flat pockets outside and inside for small stuff, and then a big open space in the center. These will make removal of contents easy, although I quickly learned it's easy to over-pack them and you need to watch for that.

Bunch of filters and related items. Not much to say about that, they are what they are.

Spark plug, Iridium type. Pricey but these have been great on past bikes.

New-style overflow bottle, you'd be a fool not to at the price.

Fuel filters. CSC first didn't list them as replacement items, and now is recommending regular replacement. I'll probably put them on a 10k mile schedule unless someone says otherwise. We have pretty clean gas.

Clutch cable angle change kit. This will move the lever more for less clutch movement, making it softer and easier. I find the clutch to be pretty good, will be interesting to see what this does. Worth a risk to try.

Top case hold-down replacements in aluminum. Solid replacement for the stock broken plastic, however they make removal/attachment a huge pain. That's because the rack and bottom of the case are not perfectly flat, and they don't quite line up. I may take a Dremel to the edges of the holes in the rack, which needs a repaint anyway. Or maybe enlarge the case holes a bit, then see if the pins re-seat in a better spot.

A nifty little stick on net thing. I'll put this on the top lid of the left case as a place to quickly toss something small, without it being lost in the big cavern of a case.

Extra air filter, keep one ready, so swaps can be done quickly. I have no idea the condition of the existing one yet anyway.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #734

Forgot two items, since they didn't make the pic... An extra key, and a backrest for the top case. The key has a neat flip design. The back rest went on fine, hasn't been passenger tested yet. I just photocopied the back of the back rest, put the printout on the box with a level and tape, punched the screw holes, then drilled. Easy install. I spent more time getting a beer ready than doing the work.

I got the straps for the cases also. Other than saying they seem well made, I'm not sure they will be useful for my needs. But worth the try.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #735

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Forgot two items, since they didn't make the pic... An extra key, and a backrest for the top case. The key has a neat flip design. The back rest went on fine, hasn't been passenger tested yet. I just photocopied the back of the back rest, put the printout on the box with a level and tape, punched the screw holes, then drilled. Easy install. I spent more time getting a beer ready than doing the work.

I got the straps for the cases also. Other than saying they seem well made, I'm not sure they will be useful for my needs. But worth the try.
Are the Ali buttons a little large? I may look to see if I can’t get them made rather then buy another guys part
I still have a set and 2x300 kits 1 clutch arm kit and 6 paper 2 mesh and about 6-8 little black filters
Writing to you all from Ammon Idaho lol!
Yellowstone park today