Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #1

New 2021 CSC SG250 - Smoke Gray

Spent this past weekend breaking in my brand new 2021 CSC SG250 'Cafe Racer'. I put about 90 or so miles on it, all of which were an absolute blast.

This is my first ever motorcycle, so I don't have much to compare it to. I wanted something not very powerful, easy to learn basic maintenance on, and still a pleasure to look at. I have been happy on all three fronts so far.

Ordering was a breeze. I placed a $500 deposit on CSC's website in the first week of January. They updated me a couple weeks later that they had just received a shipment and were working through the orders. Finally got an email a couple weeks later to confirm all my information.

After taxes/registration/dealer fee/total prices it came out to about $3000 even ($500 deposit went into that).

Since I'm near their store in the LA area, they had an employee come drop off the bike hitched on the back of his Jeep! Didn't have to uncrate or deal with a delivery truck.

The bike itself has been excellent. My first time taking it out I stalled in the garage and then could not for the life of me get it started again. Electronics were on, but it flashed a small battery icon when I tried. I even tried out the kickstart! Turns out...I didn't have the petcock on -_-.

Once on the road, I took it to a parking lot to get a feel for it. It's a pretty smooth ride (probably smoother in more experienced hands). I'm not sure what to attribute to the bike, and what to attribute to my lack of skill. The only issue I continue to run into is hitting Neutral when trying to get into 2nd Gear. Again, not sure if that's me or the bike.

It's definitely a slow bike, which might be great for some. You run through the first 3 gears quickly, hitting 4th by about 30 MPH. In 5th gear, I've got it up to about 55 MP (at least that's what it says on the Speedometer - I haven't tested accuracy). I haven't topped out yet. Not really trying. I do anticipate swapping to a 15-tooth sprocket. CSC has a pretty extensive tutorial video on the installation.

Overall, I'm loving the bike so far. It's still early so that could change. But I will be updating this thread as time goes on and I install some mods to it.

Happy to answer any questions!

upload an image

Old 02-16-2021, 06:40 PM   #2

Beautiful bike. Yours might come with a 15 tooth front sprocket. You will want put a 17 tooth for better top end speed.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 02-17-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #3

Beautiful bike and welcome to the wonderful world of Motorcycle!

The transmission will get smoother once you get some more miles on, at least that's how the TT250 was and it's the same engine/transmission as the San Gabriel. Neutral can be tricky to find when you want it and easy to find when you don't!

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 02-19-2021, 11:09 AM   #4

nice looking bike!

Old 02-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #5

Very nice, reminds me of the current offerings in the EU by Orcal and Brixton, mostly based on the Yamaha YBR 125 cc engine or CG200/CG250 clones, but with mandatory EFI and cat -Euro 4, you see

Power is in the same ballpark in either case -11 kW, give or take, also for compatibility with A1 licenses.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillis View Post
Spent this past weekend breaking in my brand new 2021 CSC SG250 'Cafe Racer'. I put about 90 or so miles on it, all of which were an absolute blast.

This is my first ever motorcycle, so I don't have much to compare it to. I wanted something not very powerful, easy to learn basic maintenance on, and still a pleasure to look at. I have been happy on all three fronts so far.

Ordering was a breeze. I placed a $500 deposit on CSC's website in the first week of January. They updated me a couple weeks later that they had just received a shipment and were working through the orders. Finally got an email a couple weeks later to confirm all my information.

After taxes/registration/dealer fee/total prices it came out to about $3000 even ($500 deposit went into that).

Since I'm near their store in the LA area, they had an employee come drop off the bike hitched on the back of his Jeep! Didn't have to uncrate or deal with a delivery truck.

The bike itself has been excellent. My first time taking it out I stalled in the garage and then could not for the life of me get it started again. Electronics were on, but it flashed a small battery icon when I tried. I even tried out the kickstart! Turns out...I didn't have the petcock on -_-.

Once on the road, I took it to a parking lot to get a feel for it. It's a pretty smooth ride (probably smoother in more experienced hands). I'm not sure what to attribute to the bike, and what to attribute to my lack of skill. The only issue I continue to run into is hitting Neutral when trying to get into 2nd Gear. Again, not sure if that's me or the bike.

It's definitely a slow bike, which might be great for some. You run through the first 3 gears quickly, hitting 4th by about 30 MPH. In 5th gear, I've got it up to about 55 MP (at least that's what it says on the Speedometer - I haven't tested accuracy). I haven't topped out yet. Not really trying. I do anticipate swapping to a 15-tooth sprocket. CSC has a pretty extensive tutorial video on the installation.

Overall, I'm loving the bike so far. It's still early so that could change. But I will be updating this thread as time goes on and I install some mods to it.

Happy to answer any questions!

upload an image
Glad you are enjoying and learning your SG250. It comes with a 14 tooth front sprocket. Go up to the 16 tooth and jet kit, you wont be going thru 1-3 so quick and more on the top end

Old 04-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #7

great bike. I' predict in 6 months you'll be itching to graduate to the CG400!