Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #61

Thanks for the encouragement. I know of the "family relationship" between the QLINK and the DR200SE. Still... the bikes aren't 100% identical and as the speedo cable shows QLINK has taken some shortcuts in places. I'd rather know about those areas so I can keep an eye on it and be proactive.

While I'm ordering stuff for the bike - does anyone know a correct OEM oil filter # that'll fit? From Hiflofiltro, K&N, Fram, etc. Rumor has it a hiflo hf131 will fit. Comments anyone?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #62

The HF 131 is correct.

Other 'failures' I've had (I think I have the most Q experience on the site) is a fork seal (Q sent a new entire fork leg to replace it with under warantee), and the LEDs in the tailight shook themselves to death with all the off road riding I was doing. I replaced the entire fender unit with an Edge 2. That's a worthy upgrade even if your light still works. The E2 is MUCH brighter and quite a bit lighter and looks cool. 30 min install. :P

Old 04-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #63

KN 131 Oil Filter works too.....FYI
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 05-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #64

I feel kind of silly asking this question so late now after I just completed my 2nd oil change, but... does anyone know what the proper way is to read the oil level? With the bike on the side-stand or fully upright? The owner's manual doesn't really spell that out.

When I picked up the bike from the dealer I walked around it to check everything and noticed I didn't see any oil in the gauge window. The guy put the bike upright then and sure enough the oil showed at the proper level. Ever since then I've been assuming that's the right way to read the level but now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know? Thanks

Old 05-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeman
I feel kind of silly asking this question so late now after I just completed my 2nd oil change, but... does anyone know what the proper way is to read the oil level? With the bike on the side-stand or fully upright? The owner's manual doesn't really spell that out.

When I picked up the bike from the dealer I walked around it to check everything and noticed I didn't see any oil in the gauge window. The guy put the bike upright then and sure enough the oil showed at the proper level. Ever since then I've been assuming that's the right way to read the level but now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know? Thanks
Yup, your correct. The bike has to be held vertical to get a reading in the sight glass. Luckily it's a nice light bike to hold in the vertical position