Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #1

california ? if you had a relative in the next state and had him register the bike in his name then buy the bike from him and go to get tag in california. would that work or are you prohibited from buying a used vehicle that wasnt produced for california?
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
california ? if you had a relative in the next state and had him register the bike in his name then buy the bike from him and go to get tag in california. would that work or are you prohibited from buying a used vehicle that wasnt produced for california?
I have an address in Yuma; it might work if I buy it, register it, and park it for 6 months. To make my situation clearer, if someone out of state had a Chinabike that was not CARB certified for at least 6 months, registered in their state, and then moved to California, they could bring their bike with them. For me, that is not the case since I only own a non-op TMEC 200 which will probably never get on the road, as well as my TGB scooter (which is CARB legal). My only question is if California would scrutinize how long I have lived in California, and then will be taking a bike into California later--6 months later. I don't have a California DL yet, but my employer is hounding me to get it, so thoughts of buying up 'forbidden' firearms off the shelves like, gasp, AR-15 and AK/derivatives will soon be dashed, LOL, once I (Am forced) to get my California license.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I have an address in Yuma; it might work if I buy it, register it, and park it for 6 months. To make my situation clearer, if someone out of state had a Chinabike that was not CARB certified for at least 6 months, registered in their state, and then moved to California, they could bring their bike with them. For me, that is not the case since I only own a non-op TMEC 200 which will probably never get on the road, as well as my TGB scooter (which is CARB legal). My only question is if California would scrutinize how long I have lived in California, and then will be taking a bike into California later--6 months later. I don't have a California DL yet, but my employer is hounding me to get it, so thoughts of buying up 'forbidden' firearms off the shelves like, gasp, AR-15 and AK/derivatives will soon be dashed, LOL, once I (Am forced) to get my California license.
I guess I am just clueless on the rules in Cali. You cannot operate a vehicle licensed out of state or cannot insure it unless it's carb approved? Do they pull you over if they think your vehicle does not comply with the carb guidelines? Also what's up with your tmec? Why will it not get on the road again?

Old 06-01-2018, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Letsride----so mr expert, anything else you want to inform me of what I have in my warehouse?
I do not claim to be an expert. But what I DO know is you guys imported a 2014 spec'd bike and are trying to peddle them at damn near TT250 price. uhh GOOD LUCK with that buddy. Like Jerry said why import the older lesser spec'd bike? Like I said before since you have the rights, bring in the bike that everyone wants and at a decent price and we will buy them. Go ahead, I'll wait. Should take what, 3 months??

Old 06-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
My friend used to import the TMEC 200; he told me he spec'd them out with high quality street tires. The motard that came with the 17/17 front/rear wheels and tires--they also had DOT-legal offroad knobbies available depending how the buyer wanted it and I can attest to the tires. I had over 12k miles on mine over 2 years of riding and ended up selling the wheels and tires in very good condition--I digress but the manager of Excalibur who is a friend told me they spec'd them with those high quality street tires from TMEC, as well as Shengway carbs (the ones that say something to the effect of 'product of Japan'). Again, I had no issues with my carb for the two years I daily road my bike year round 33 miles a day.
Interesting. The brozz is a 19/17 wheel size but come dual sport tires for now. I showed the owner a dual sport with sport bike tires on it--kind of the super moto look and he wasn't a fan. Kind of takes away from the "dual" in dual sport I suppose..haha. I'll bring up that brand of tire with him when tires get brought up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I see now. Bashan Motorcycle USA Inc. imported the 2015-2017 Brozz that had the USD forks and rear rack that everyone wanted. Why wasn't PeaceSport's able to get theses same options? Those bikes sold quick and at a good price. Why go back to the 2014 model style and charge more? That would be like Ford going back to a 4th gen truck from a 5 gen truck for more and expecting to sell. Just not going to happen. Now do you see our point. I personally think Peace made a bad decision. Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with the 2018 Brozz. It's still a nice bike but not worth the $2000 price. $1500-$1600 would be the right price range.
Most likely because the owner didn't ask me my thoughts before placing the order. There is the stigma that Americans only want the cheapest stuff from China and won't pay for quality parts if it has a Chinese brand. Its slowly going to away but still, people will lean towards Japanese stuff once a certain price range is hit. I can say that those options are available to us and will likely be a part of a future order.

Some pictures of a black one I fired up and rode around real quick. Comfy with a fairly sharp cluster I thought.
Name:  Black side.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  98.0 KB
Name:  Brozz dash.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  88.3 KB

Email: jeffreyp@peacesports.com
Phone: 770-662-1898 x107

Facebook: "Peace Sports"
IG: Peace_Sports_Atlanta
Youtube: "Peace Industry Group"

Old 09-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #6

For those interested in getting a brozz

Main places right now.

Hobby Bikes: New York
http://www.hobby-bikes.com/

River City Cycles in Arkansas
(3 locations--Fort Smith, Little Rock, Jacksonville)

Texas(Online or in store):
TxPowersports.com

Old 09-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #7

I would definitely be trying to get one if they were California-legal. Since I still have an Arizona address, I am not ruling it out...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSportsAtlanta View Post
Texas(Online or in store):
TxPowersports.com

Just say NO!

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Just say NO!
Peacesports--this is in reference to the dealer, not the Brozz; Azhule had a bad experience with them...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Just say NO!

Send me a PM about this...thanks.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:18 PM   #11

Any attempts to get the Brozz street legal for Canada?

Old 10-31-2018, 12:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
Any attempts to get the Brozz street legal for Canada?

Let me check with the owner on this. I don't think so but I'll find out.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:38 AM   #13

This is my first post here. Been laying in the weeds for a few days. I was getting the kids some bikes for their birthdays and needed one for myself to tool around with them. I have been looking for a decent bike and the hawk originally caught my eye. Then this bashan came up and addressed what was going to be changed if I bought the hawk. The cluster, rack, forks, tires look better for dual than hawk, engine is a moot point. Thank you Jerryhawk, Azhule, and peacesports for helping me make up my mind.

Anyone had dealings with q9powersports? How are they?

Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_stag View Post
This is my first post here. Been laying in the weeds for a few days. I was getting the kids some bikes for their birthdays and needed one for myself to tool around with them. I have been looking for a decent bike and the hawk originally caught my eye. Then this bashan came up and addressed what was going to be changed if I bought the hawk. The cluster, rack, forks, tires look better for dual than hawk, engine is a moot point. Thank you Jerryhawk, Azhule, and peacesports for helping me make up my mind.

Anyone had dealings with q9powersports? How are they?
Welcome aboard.
Q9 seems to be the go to dealer. We have members that's bought from them lately that had good experience with them.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-02-2018, 05:50 PM   #15

YES,YES, YES!! NOW ya talking!! THERE SHE IS!!!! AWESOME!!
Now where can I buy one IN a crate and drive and pick it up in S.C.? I want the bike in an Unopened crate. I don't really want to order on online and pay 200 bucks plus to ship. Also, does this new Brozz come with a Genuine KEIHIN (japan) carb, and YUASA Battery like my 2014 Brozz did?

P.S.
THANK YOU guys for getting the Bike we asked for an then some. The rear disk is going to be a plus but not really necessary on my part, but a welcomed addition nonetheless.

Last edited by letsride; 11-05-2018 at 10:22 AM.