Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #1

Killer Motor Sports

I hate being one of those people who trashes a company because I didn't get my way. But in this case after 11 months of waiting for an MCO I get this response (this is now my 3 rd time filling out their MCO request as well as nearly 14 messages left on on their canned 'customer service' numbers) - >>>>>

May 29, 09:53

Good morning,

My name is Addy and I assist in the MCO department I do see you requested your MCO. Unfortunately I'm not able to process the paperwork requested, Killer Motorsports was sold on OCT 2017 to new owner and do to that I can process paperwork for old customer before that time. I would advise for you to let your local DMV/Secretary of state now the situation to see what they advise or you can contact the manufacture of your item.

Thank You
Addy >>>>>

It is literally a 10 minute process to fill out an MCO. I called Ricky Power Sports and the woman almost hung up on me when I asked for the MCO for a bike they didn't sell directly. It's a great bike but my temp registration runs out and it will be parked (I have only put 82 miles on so far)

So if you are thinking of buying from KMS, LLC I would think twice.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #2

And this is why everyone should be given 1 free pass a year to beat knots on someone's head for b.s.
like this..... I hate it for u brother.......

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-31-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

Do the VT trick. It works like a charm.

go on VT DMV website. fill out reg form, send $115.
Wait... Get tags in mail.
next proceed to your states DMV and transfer registration.
Finally, rip around on bike and enjoy.

VT does not need an MCO and you do not need to be a resident of VT to register anything there, all you need is a checkbook

Old 06-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #4

Wow, that's disappointing to hear. I had nothing but good luck with KMS, and so far my second time around has been going swimmingly. I can only assume that there is something legal involved that requires the former owner of KMS to send the MCO. Either that or the new owner doesn't care at all and is a prick.

I know companies can have bad days, and not everybody can walk away happy, but I sure do hope one of these companies can pull their heads out of their asses soon. CSC is the one exception in the Chinese motorcycle world, and their success and growing product line are evidence of it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #5

thats to bad to hear about i thought these issues were like 10 years old by now ,i wonder with bill of sale ,if your local police can help ,hear we have whats called blue form ,if one has no registration,at the same time i think it for just certain years ,but would not hurt to ask them or your dmv

to a point i think they dont have to care couse the bikes are so cheap ,most of the places get enough local sales an a ton of online sales ,that a few issues like safewhole sale hear nightmares about them ,i would get with ricky power sports if the owner of killer cant get the title for you ,they should be able to get new one from the vin off the bike ,an dont stop til you get what you need ,hard to be kind but other action are the BBB in that state ,or other places as well ,just try to keep your cool it is way out of line though,an dont help them ,people should speak up more

Old 06-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #6

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Do the VT trick. It works like a charm.

go on VT DMV website. fill out reg form, send $115.
Wait... Get tags in mail.
next proceed to your states DMV and transfer registration.
Finally, rip around on bike and enjoy.

VT does not need an MCO and you do not need to be a resident of VT to register anything there, all you need is a checkbook

Lucky for me I live about 10 minutes from my local DMV here in VT, They do need something with a signature (since it is 250cc or less). I did have a bill of sale with a signature from KMS. I tried one last time with Killer and never got a response. Walked into my DMV and had plates 10 minutes later. Thankfully I found that copy of the Bill of Sale. I was frustrated because I even offered to pay their “fee”. I would like to buy another Hawk but have to say I am hesitant to trust Killer after this incident.

So far I have 180 miles on my hawk in just a short week and it has performed flawlessly! Thanks to everyone for the responses and support.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #7

hey, I'm new here. first post!

I placed an order with KMS on June 8th for a Roketa 137 and was told that they would ship the bike from California to my location in Florida in 8-12 business day. Well, My order is still on "processing" as of today June 14th and no reply to my email inquiry.

will keep you all informed on how it goes.

Mike

Old 06-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoggnoff View Post
hey, I'm new here. first post!

I placed an order with KMS on June 8th for a Roketa 137 and was told that they would ship the bike from California to my location in Florida in 8-12 business day. Well, My order is still on "processing" as of today June 14th and no reply to my email inquiry.

will keep you all informed on how it goes.

Mike
Welcome aboard.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Welcome aboard.
ah thanks, this will be my first time owning something like this. I did some checking and from what I can tell I only need the MCO and bill of sale in Florida however I found one website based in Osceola (I'm not in Osceola) that claimed I needed the MCO notarized by the dealer. anyone familiar with this?

by the way I was contacted by KMS after 6 hours.. I suppose they were busy but that's fine. the email says it's not shipped but gave me a little confidence and estimated a time frame, so that's nice I guess.

scooter I bought is a fully assembled model so I thought that it came assembled from the factory already and would just ship right away.. looking at the fine print I see something about adding 5 days for ready-to-ride models. still would have liked to have a tracking number by now but then it also says 3 days to process, so maybe 8 total days before it makes it onto a truck?

anyways, I'm assuming this is typical of this bike from any of the dealers if they are all drop-shipping from the same manufacturer.

will keep you all posted

Mike

Old 06-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #10

My Killer Motor Sports story

Hi, new member here.
I can relate. I've been reading up on the Hawk 250 for weeks now, even ordered all the upgrade/accessories I want to mod the bike with. Just need to order the bike.
In comes KMS. I chose them as my purchaser because I saw a posting by a KMS "employee" giving a demo of the bike. Looks official, right?

I placed order, online on a Monday, registered on their website, the whole nine yards. Promptly received an order confirmation. Good to go. An hour later I received a call, with them wanting to get a copy of my DL and CC, to "verify" I am the owner.
Red flag #1
Sent the information they requested, I did block out all except last 4 of my CC number. I was told item was in stock and would ship. Thursday comes, no email so I called the support line, chose option 2 and then option 1 for "status". Got voicemail. Ok they are busy right? Left message. Tuesday comes, no return call..
Red flag #2
After repeated calls, and emails to the confirmation email, I finally decide to change it up. Instead of option 2, then 1 for order status, I chose first option 1 for sales. Received an IMMEDIATE answer (go figure, we'll take more money). Explained my situation, asked to be transferred. Gal on the line, who had attitude for days mind you, informed me she cannot transfer me, that's a different depart. She only deals in sales so I'd have to call back. Mind you, I've explained that no one has returned my calls or answered the phone. So sorry, can't help you.
Red flag #3
So I mix it up again. I chose the option for assembly support. Was on hold for a minute, got an answer. Lady was nice an said my item was due to ship. Due to ship? Its already been 6 days since I ordered an in stock item. She explained to me their "process". Made no sense, but ok, I'll be patient.
Red flag #4
Three business days later, I tried to call again. None of my tricks worked of choosing different options just to get a human on the phone. So I decide to cancel. I replied to the original confirmation email, and asked for a cancellation confirmation. The wait begins.
Two days later and 4 emails later, I call from a different number to customer support. Miracle!!! They answered my call from a different phone number.
Red flag #5
After speaking to a human, I was informed the procedure I used to cancel was correct, but she there was no note that a cancellation was in place. Mind you, my CC has already been charged...the DAY after I placed the order almost two week ago.
Red flag #6
Two days later, called from my 2nd number. No answer, no return calls. Sent yet another email. Asked a buddy to borrow his phone and guess what? You guessed it, they answered!!!! Lady on phone confirmed she got the email I sent prior to calling, but not the other myriad of emails I sent. She said she'd cancel the order, no harm no foul.
10 minutes later, I get an email stating my order is slated for shipping, so It qualifies for a $100 cancellation charge!!!!!
Are you kidding me??!! I get charged because they cannot answer a phone, email or voicemail? I get charged because they cannot promptly ship me an item that is paid for already, and supposedly in stock? WTF

Stay away from Killer Motor Sports

Old 06-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #11

okay so I was contacted by Addy from KMS on the 19th and informed because a change in one of their suppliers they couldn't deliver the brand I wanted but offered me any other scooter for a discount. they sent a bill for the difference minus $120 off so I was pleased with that because I actually wanted that scooter first but ultimately went with the larger scooter because it was rated at 385 max load, so in the end I'm getting the one I wanted at a discount. they processed my payment the next day and then the following day shipped it out but I only received the tracking number as of today the 27th but they did give me an idea when it would ship and arrive and it's actually coming before that and shipped before that quote, so, I'm happy with the results. I very nearly went for a Hawk but didn't, maybe I'll get that next??

alright guys, will keep you all posted.

excited!

see attached
Name:  20180627_123601.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  11.9 KB
Name:  20180627_130135.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  20.8 KB

Old 06-28-2018, 10:53 AM   #12

Sooner or later someone is going to put in the money and make a decent, reliable, honest China Bike Dealership / Parts source. ,and make millions. Venom is headed that way but their lineup is too limited and needs more variety.

It's a shame that the vast majority of China Bike Dealers at this time are known to be sketchy , shady, and unreliable especially given how much the build quality of the China Bikes has improved while still at a great price compared to Japan bikes.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #13

I have a question for anyone.

tipping the delivery guy, yes, no? how much? don't do it?
my area isn't complicated, it's urban and open

By the way it should be noted that the delivery company this dealer uses will TEXT you from an automated system but since my phone randomly doesn't receive texts from some numbers I never got that message, if not for KMS sending me the tracking number and seeing it was near me on the 27th i would have missed the delivery completely and it would probably be sent back without me even knowing.

very troubling not to get that tracking number until last minute but thankfully i did get it

Old 06-29-2018, 02:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Sooner or later someone is going to put in the money and make a decent, reliable, honest China Bike Dealership / Parts source. ,and make millions. Venom is headed that way but their lineup is too limited and needs more variety.

So...someone like CSC?
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 06-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #15

delivered this morning, tipped the guy 20, he seemed appreciative as heck so I assume that was a good tip.

I haven't done much yet other than screw on handlebars and take it out of the crate. they said between 11am and 4pm delivery, he was here promptly at 11:07am

see attached
Name:  20180629_131101.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  102.4 KB
Name:  20180629_131131.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  98.5 KB