Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #1

Question Hellcat vs Boom Vader vs Venom Vader x20

Does anyone know if there is any actual quality difference between these bikes? I plan on replacing bolts either way due to my experience with chinesium in other applications, but is there anything different about the internals or quality of the other parts on these bikes that would make one a better choice over the other?

Thank you

Old 06-25-2018, 01:07 AM   #2

They are all pretty similar. I believe the Venom is made by Boom. I have a Hellcat. It's been a pretty solid bike for me. I replaced the swing arm bolt, rear axle and engine bolts, replaced the carb with a VM22. Mine runs great and everything works and I have had no issues so far, but I only have about 200 miles on mine. Parts are cheap and readily available on the Taotao web site.
I think I like the styling of the Vader a lil bit better. Based on what I read and seen on youtube, when the Vader first came out it has some serious quality issues, but maybe they are better now, not sure. The engines seem to be pretty solid on the Vaders though. For some reason the Hellcat is the only one that does not have an EGR system, I consider that a plus, one less thing to deal with.
There is quite a bit of info on these bikes here. You can use the search feature to find threads.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
They are all pretty similar. I believe the Venom is made by Boom. I have a Hellcat. It's been a pretty solid bike for me. I replaced the swing arm bolt, rear axle and engine bolts, replaced the carb with a VM22. Mine runs great and everything works and I have had no issues so far, but I only have about 200 miles on mine. Parts are cheap and readily available on the Taotao web site.
I think I like the styling of the Vader a lil bit better. Based on what I read and seen on youtube, when the Vader first came out it has some serious quality issues, but maybe they are better now, not sure. The engines seem to be pretty solid on the Vaders though. For some reason the Hellcat is the only one that does not have an EGR system, I consider that a plus, one less thing to deal with.
There is quite a bit of info on these bikes here. You can use the search feature to find threads.
Hellkitty you still going to sale your Hellcat?

Old 06-25-2018, 01:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Hellkitty you still going to sale your Hellcat?
If I do buy the new monkey bike I will sell it. That's a few months down the road though.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:01 AM   #5

Quote:
If I do buy the new monkey bike I will sell it. That's a few months down the road though.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to eliminate the plastics.
Check out this ssr raskull with a crf50 tank. Wonder if it would fit on the hellcat.
Or a similar tank, then just run it with no plastics.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Can you link me to the bike you're talking about? Thanks.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitTheRoad View Post
Can you link me to the bike you're talking about? Thanks.
https://powersports.honda.com/2019/monkey.aspx

Old 06-25-2018, 02:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post

Oh okay. I thought you were talking about a Chinese clone.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #9

I have the Venom X20 with the following upgrades :Cab 22 w/105 jet, exhaust, 17t sprocket, and chain. I have 322 mile on it, and had to replace the bottom engine mount bolt. I'm not sure if I broke it from hitting bumps in the road or from the engine torque. I wanted a Hellcat, but no one had them in stock. I'm 6'1 215, and it get up to 57 on straight away.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtra_strength View Post
I have the Venom X20 with the following upgrades :Cab 22 w/105 jet, exhaust, 17t sprocket, and chain. I have 322 mile on it, and had to replace the bottom engine mount bolt. I'm not sure if I broke it from hitting bumps in the road or from the engine torque. I wanted a Hellcat, but no one had them in stock. I'm 6'1 215, and it get up to 57 on straight away.
Thanks for the info. Just out of curiosity, why did you want the Hellcat over the Vader?

Old 06-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #11

HitTheRoad , those 3 bikes are so similar that to be honest my advice to you is I'd let two things make the choice for me . The first thing is the DEALER. Are they easy to get on the phone? Do they even have a phone? ( You'll be surprised how many chinese atv dealers are e-mail only, no phone) .Do they have parts? Check the Dealer discussion page to see what folks have to say about the Dealer you are thinking of using.
The second is price ,which can you get the best deal on ? Normally I'd rank that first but it dont matter how cheap you got it if it breaks right away or is even broke on recieving it then you cant get ahold of anyone to help, or they duck and dodge you .

Find your best deal from a known decent Dealer and then buy ,you will save yourself a lot of headaches and grief that way.FWIW, Venom Motorsports has 100$ off on the new Vaders now and they have stellar feedback as a Dealer /Supplier around here.,just an idea.

Tags
hellcat, vader, venom, x20