Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #136

Nice tires, Jeremy! What model new tires did you mount? :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscott123
Great pics Jeremy, I should be there in Phils in 2 or 3 weeks, already have a house rented and a bike (not a Zongshen for now) purchased. My SO will be able to ride the YBR, the Zong is a bit tall for her.

Regards

Tony
Tony,

If you are ever visiting Cebu, and indeed Jeremy or anyone else, with a love of the Philippines, please get in touch via our visit our Wiki Blog (http://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpaint.com ) and come RIDE a Green Trail Ride in the Hills and mountains of Cebu'.

Check out the GoPro960 helmet-cam Video of GTR's #7 onwards, taken by 'Kiwi' Brett http://www.youtube.com/user/govoner1...e=results_main (govoner100 on YouTube)

The Filipino people are very friendly and speak English! The weather is ( well it is HOT - 36 to 24 Degrees C, and HUMID - 85%, most of the year, and RAINS all year! But has averages for March - 4.06cm, April - 3.05cm, and May - 5.59cm, so is rather lower than June through November as all average above 13.21cm, and September being 18.76cm. December-Feb is in between those ranges as 10.31 to 5.35cm.

Sorry I don't have a Chinese Dual Sport, as none here back in 2007, and I am too short for the Honda XR200 so paid php160K for and XT225.

I am working on suggesting those asking what Motorcycle is suitable, do check out that Page on our Blog http://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpai...Off-Roading%3F

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2011
'glad you liked the pictures...
This is the best time of the year here in PI.

Hi Tony, nice to know that.
But unfortunately i cannot comment between GY150 and XR200 as i haven't ridden an Xr in trails... but i won't be surprised if this GY won't lag that much behind the xr.
As i have riden with DT serow225, the GY was at par in top speed and overall perf.

Just like i said, the GY still has to prove its worth... so far i have ridden mine for almost 2000kms off road and still going very well so i hope the good story continues.

Regards.
Yeh this is the 'Dry Season', here in the Philippines, meaning the average rainfall is less , for the next 3 months.

I have an XT225 as the XR200 was the only other 'big bike' Dual Sport back in 2007, here in Cebu, Philippines. The XR200 they assemble here in the Philippines, is rather different to the, as special Import via the Honda Dealer. It has less power, heavier, and is taller which is the main reason for my buying an XT225 'Serow'.

I started looking closely at the the NEW 'Cyclone' Range that Zongshen were producing, in 2008. This included the Zongshen 'FLY' range, but none of these Forums knew anything much about them.

Quote:
Zongshen products today are sold worldwide, including in Bulgaria.

The official representative for Zongshen, Bulgaria is Kolos-MS.

The new Zongshen 'Cyclone' Range model ZS110-60, and 'Fly' ZS150GY-10, Dual Sport, are stocked by Kolos-MS, who took these photos.

Boulevard of Europe
171 Hristo Botev Blvd 106-108
www.kolos-ms.com/en/brand/zongshen-21
In fact the Zongshen ZS150GY-10 'FLY', was introduced to Europe, UK, and Thailand, before it eventually arrived in the Philippines as the Motostar 'Moto X155', and the Motard version - 'Moto R155', about 3 years later.

That Photo Slideshow of ZS150GY-10 'FLY, from Kolos, Bulgaria, website, was Created/Uploaded by me (davidwhittall) on Mar 28, 2009.

The price, here in the Philippines, is lower than it went on sale in Thailand, as 'Ryuka' Model, however!

Jeremy, your reports of the 'Motard' version (sold as Motostar 'Moto R155'
P63,050.00, don't seems to suggest you have had any problems with the gearbox, the front brake seizing, or the water cooling, as reported on Motorcycle Forums in Thailand or here in the Philippines.

Seems some 'FLY150 Club' Members in Thailand, are taking the water-cooled engine out of they RYUKA 'FLY', and fitting an air -cooled engine!

Zongshen 'Ryuka' ZS150GY-10

http://www.istorya.net/forums/automo...ly-motard.html

http://motorcyclephilippines.com/for...d.php?t=255210

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Cyclone-range

The Motostar Moto R155 is "selling like Hot Cakes" with enthusiastic Riders wanting to own such for just Php63K (about the same as a XRM 125), why wouldn't they? The shipments due back in August 2011 were already 'ALL SOLD'.

Would you rather pay 'Double' for a Kawasaki KLX 150 from EMCOR (Made in Indonesia, also with Water cooled 4T engine, and Disc Brakes front and back, but does not have Inverted SHOWA front Forks). Is Made in Indonesia worth Double than a Made in China Dual Sport?

if I did not already own an XT225 'Serow', the Dual Sport I would probably consider, rather than the MotoX155 (or the MotoR155 and change the wheels/tires), is the Motostar TRLAX-200 Enduro Php55K cash in Manila.

http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com...d.php?t=261459
This seems to be a newer version of the ZS200GY-2?

Another new Dual Sport here in the Philippines, is the RUSI KR125/150

Anyone know what OEM Make / Model that Badge engineered RUSI KR150 based on?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster
...if I did not already own an XT225 'Serow', the Dual Sport I would probably consider, rather than the MotoX155 (or the MotoR155 and change the wheels/tires), is the Motostar TRLAX-200 Enduro Php55K cash in Manila.

http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com...d.php?t=261459
This seems to be a newer version of the ZS200GY-2?...
I own a 2006, Zongshen 200GY-2, which employs a faithful copy of the current, Yamaha, TW200 engine. The Motostar TRLAX-200 might be a new bike, but it bears no resemblance to the ZS200GY-2. The TRLAX-200 has an entirely different engine, swingarm, et cetera.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #140

That RUSI KR150 engine is based on a CG125 Honda. I have a 200 and a 230 version.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #141

The Rusi looks like it has small wheels.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #142

I think I know why I can't fined a Chinese bike I like...
looking at some of the ones posted on here... I would
say we only get the cheap / nasty crap imported out here..
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #143

overheating and brake issues?

I guess this question goes directly to Jeremy,

I went to look at left over stock of zs150-GY10 2009. They have about 25 of them left that cant sell. Based on your thread I went to have an in person look at them. The sales person being "honest" told me that the only issue that they had to deal with was the front brake master cilinder, and they switched them with something else, no sure what but ugly. I got to try their floor model, and the bike felt like a Jap, not chinese bike and the brakes were incredible. My question to you is, have you had any issues with the brake MC? OEM is a silver MC with very nice levers, the replacement was a very cheap feeling generic, not zongshen unit. I read in another post on the bike that the brakes looked on his bike.

A second question is, why is there no fan to the radiator? How does the bike do in traffic when there is no means to force air into the radiator? Does your bike have a fan? Has it ever over heated on you? I really want to get my hands on one of these bikes, but I am concerned about this two issues.

Does anyone else know if this gy10 engine was or is sold in the USA to procure parts from?

One last question: Rear sprocket? what other bike uses the same mounting scheme? to increases the number of teeth in the back and do more rough terrain on them. The bike sure looks like it can take it, but it needs a tad more torque.

thanks for any replies in advance.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #144

hi richsuz:

the radiator has fan and i'm in the tropics, and sometimes in the trails i'm also afraid of heating up as the bike stay at low speed high rpm mostly, but it didn't fail:

the sprocket configuration, i'm not sure....
'haven't heard of OEM replacement yet, and i'm also interested in tweaking this machine so if you know of, let me know....

the brakes, they are still very ok... i guess it's not the same as the 2009 model.
the brand is SS i think:

Old 03-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #145

I'm glad to hear your brakes, and the rest of your bike, are still working well, Jeremy! Can you get a service manual for your Zong? I would still love to know more about the origins of your bike's engine.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #146

NO FAN on the bikes I saw

So Jeremy, Is it possible that the 2009 came without cooling fans? Clearly is possible since none of the ones here have it, and maybe due to overheating, a fan was installed in future models by zongshen? Is there a way to search Zongshen Retrofits/factory recalls that you or anyone else knows about? I know there are some Cross bikes that are liquid cooled, and no fan. but those are in motion all the time. I recall somebody posting on this thread that people in Thailand were routinely swapping for aircooled engines.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #147

richsuz, i really don't have any idea... sorry.
here in PI, i read someone complained only of oil leak near at crankcase but the bike was immediately been replaced.
brake issues were all about oil... replenshing and bleeding were done to fix, nothing alarming has been reported...

here's the bike last time i rode:

Old 03-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #148

Beautiful picture awesome colors. Looks slippery though.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #149

jeremy2011, you posted that you are in the Philippines, yet you choose to post on China Riders, rather than say MCP (MotorCyclePhilippines.com)

I can understand that as many 'Bikers' are very prejudice to thinking Chinese Motorcycles are just simply cheap copies of old Honda, Yamaha designs, and don't have the attention to design, quality control, or longevity of Japanese Motorcycles, why not post to a Forum where the Members are more open minded to improvements in Chinese Motorcycles, and lot more knowledgeable and experienced of such!

More or less what Bikers were saying about Jap Motorcyles in the 60's and early 70's!

However the Moto R155 as Motostar are calling the OEM badged Zonshen ZS150 GY10C, is getting favorable coverage in the MCP Forum.

Please check out this Thread

Motorcycle Philippines - The #1 Motoring Enthusiast Community in the Country > Manufacturer specific forums > Manufacturers > Motorstar
zongshen moto r 155

http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com...255210&page=76

Some seem to be having trouble selecting gears, when stationary at traffic lights with the Clutch pulled in (but no such problem with the engine off). Perhaps they are just not used to manual Clutch 'Big Bikes' compared to 'U-Bone' Automatic Clutch Motorcycles?

I sometimes have trouble finding Neutral on my XT225 with the engine running and the clutch pulled in. Hit the 'kill' button and it seems a lot easier. Turn the Kill off and thumb the starter when the lights change, and pull the clutch in, select 1st gear, release and your are away. (some lights do take an awfully long time to cycle through before you get a green, if you just missed it . Selecting Neutral saves wear on the clutch and turning the engine off whilst in Neutral saves Gas so is 'Green').

I even read one report of front brake seizing ON at traffic lights!

In Thailand, some of the 'FLY150' Club members are seen swapping out the water-cooled 150cc engine and installing an air-cooled 4T engine in a YouTube Video. Most likely 150cc again (it not 155cc in Thailand, as more strict emission regulations for Motorcycles above 150cc, apparently?).

Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster
I sometimes have trouble finding Neutral on my XT225 with the engine running and the clutch pulled in. Hit the 'kill' button and it seems a lot easier. Turn the Kill off and thumb the starter when the lights change, and pull the clutch in, select 1st gear, release and your are away. (some lights do take an awfully long time to cycle through before you get a green, if you just missed it . Selecting Neutral saves wear on the clutch and turning the engine off whilst in Neutral saves Gas so is 'Green').
We all have our personal styles, but I would never select neutral while at a red light or stop sign. I'm always ready for a quick escape, lest an unattentive driver should fail to stop behind me. One eye remains on the mirror, and the trans remains in gear.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer