Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #1

FNG from AZ

Tire Assassin here, doing some research on an Apollo RFZ 125 that I am buying soon.

I've been a biker for my most of my life starting with a 1980 Kawasaki KX80 when I was little. From then on I was hooked and have had dozens of bikes over my life, mostly Yamahas and Ducatis. The most fun bikes I ever owned were my Yamaha TW200 and the Ducati 1098 Streetfighter.

When life happened I had to give up on expensive new Italian bikes and started buying cheap junk and fixing it up. Probably one of the most fun projects was taking a $900 Virago and turning it into a head-turning bobber. Currently I am back on an Italian with a Ducati Monster that I rescued from almost certain death and resurrected it to be a dependable daily driver.

I'm really wanting to get back into off road riding but there was no way I was spending thousands on something I'm going to bash against rocks. Read tons of reviews about the RFZ 125 and I was sold. It sounds like the perfect hooligan bike that I won't look like a circus bear on.

Cheers!

Old 12-09-2018, 05:55 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! I'm also based in Phoenix, and would be happy to help out if you need an extra pair of hands or riding buddy. I had an '01 Ducati for a while when I was in Italy. It was fun over there, but I'm kind of glad I didn't pay to have it shipped back stateside. In any event, welcome to here!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #3

Welcome! X2 on the TW200. I want a Monster Dark in the worst way.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Tags
125, apollo, ducati, rfz