Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #1

Sweet Shadow, Wayne. Extra style points for the exhaust wrap.

I covet your landscaping.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #2

Thanks.....you have to know I am too much the mizer to have paid for that! I had a love affair with cement and interlock for a decade or so. The steps and wall have generous footings. Something interesting for any sustainable resourse folks among us. Papercrete.

Spud....no worries on my catching you folks on the post pace. I am not interesting enough to hold an audience for so long. At least thats what my Mother keeps telling me.......

Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #3

Wayne, bikes are pretty much overpriced here in Arizona, as you are seeing. Since I have family in L.A., and used to live there, I am not intimidated by the place, and regularly check Craigslist there to see all the deals available. I don't know which direction you will take to get to Tucson (if flying rather than driving, this will not work for you), there are always low-priced unregistered GY's in L.A. for sale; they can't be registered there (but have little to no problems in Arizona), so people try to dump them onto other Californians with ads that often state "easy to register,but I have other projects, so never went to the DMV" or other such lies. I see them somewhat regularly offered for $500 or so.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #4

Resurrecting an old thread here folks. I knew if I searched around enough after my absence, I'd find something on the SSR bikes.

I'm sure what Doug is referring to is the much older Hondanoids from the early days of the CB's being imported when he's referring to the "old GY's". The Q's and SSR's are lightyears ahead...though I have both.

I will vouch for Doug here as he's my dealer here in Sac. I've bought 4 bikes (2 Hensim 150's, an X-moto Hondanoid and my Q-link XP) and a quad (for my father-in-law) from him over the years and he's always been a straight shooter, pulls no punches and a hard worker who stands behind what he's sold me. He's also been able to provide every part I've needed every time I walk in the door, without having to order. His new shop in huge and just his parts and accessory section is downright impressive. He also spends almost a month every couple years travelling China making contacts and touring factories, so he's not just a mail-order guy whos signed a sheet of paper to deal CB's out of his garage, but knows the business and more importantly, which are the good factoies to buy from and which are not.
I feel very fortunate to have a good, local dealer and support. It really takes a lot of the worry out of owning a CB.
Could I buy online for cheaper? Most likely....but he's earned my business. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit his shop if you're coming through Nor Cal, you'll be happy that you did.

....and to answer your question....no, I don't work for him! :-)
I'd love to get my hands on one of the SSR 250's he's got.....but I think a ranch quad is next on the docket with our land that needs work..... Tractor pulls one cart, need a quad to pull the second cart.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #5

It's nice to hear from you again, 2LZ. Thanks for posting the report of good customer service.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #6

Hey 2LZ! Thanks for letting us know that Doug is a straight shooter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer