Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #1

Buying a new 2013 Husqvarna TR650 Terra!

My KLRE650 project bike recently returned home unfinished. Not what I signed up for or agreed to. As a result, I have been looking for a new dualsport motorcycle. The New 2013 Husqvarna TR650 is so similiar to what I wanted from my KLRE, that I have decided to quit on my project and get a new Husky TR. I've always wanted a Husqvarna and almost purchased a new 2011 TE630, in late 2010. I started up on the KLRE project because the deal on the TE630 fell through. It kind of seems ironic now, that a new Husky killed the KLRE. I'm glad to be done with that. My KLX250 is now listed in the For Sale Section on this Board and in many other places and I have a surplus of KLR parts if anyone needs something. I've also decided to sell what is left of my parted out KTM 950 Adventure.

My timeframe for the TR650 purchase is this Winter between December 2012 and February 2013. I'd get it sooner but I don't want half the warranty to run out before I get a chance to ride it. Both Hall's and my local dealer will be duking it out with me for the lowest price available. I'm hoping to buy it for $6000 cash. I've already been quoted $6500 from my local dealer. I'm just waiting on bikes to arrive, so that I can go check them out.

Famous last words: I plan to leave this one stock and just ride the beans out of it! Yeah right! :roll: Honestly, I don't think the TR needs much but my buddies are all rolling around on the floor, over that one too! I told each of them, that if they give me grief, I won't let them ride the Husky! That should quell the dissention. Actually, I do plan to add bags and upgrade a few components: grips, handlebars, etc... I may add a Rekluse auto-clutch later too, as this bike uses the Rotax patterned 650 engine from BMW (built by Loncin in China). Hey, I can post about this bike in the regular Dualsport Forum. 8)

Can't wait to get my hands on the Husqvarna!

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II