Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2021, 09:52 PM   #1

Hey mate,

Have had a read through this thread I've been building Chinese E22 motors for over 10 years now

When you set your valve clearances was the motor at TDC when you did them ??

If it was TDC and both at 0.05 take the carb off from the manifold and cover your hand over manifold openining hit the e-start button and see what the vacuum pressure is like on it ? Weak or strong

If its weak then id try these settings go 0.03 for intake and 0.04 for exhaust while at TDC
every chinese E22 motor I've ever built in australia has been set 0.03 & 0.04 with no issues ever just make sure your valves are seated closed after setting so is best to do with head off

If all of that dosent work I'd be checking your stator output with a multi meter from the green & red/Black to see if it's within range, this is your main stator coil

Then green & blue/white to see what this is outputting and if it is acceptable range, this is your timing trigger for your spark

also what's the gap between the timing trigger point on sensor & flywheel also set at ?

Cheers