Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Yeah Manhattan can be dangerous. I was riding down there today in the village. Brooklyn is even worse.

I just received a new Killswitch but it doesnt work but the ignition does.
My fuse is blowing while I am riding which is terrible. I have no idea why its doing this.....
You must have an electrical short somewhere. :( I suggest you examine all your wiring and fix the electrical short, before it strands you in an unpleasant situation. 8O

Spud
So Spud I found out one of my issues. My Stator wire clips heated cooled and crumbled... horrible. The wires were grounding on the frame. I fixed it. Yeah I have been stranded a few times because of it.

I still cant find out why the killswitch dont work yet. The ignition switch works though weird.
I'm glad you found your electrical short, Rameek. Thanks for posting the update.

P.S. I agree with Weld regarding your malfunctioning kill switch.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The kill switch won't work because it's not completing the circuit to ground. While that sounds trite, it really is that simple. When you turn the kill switch off, you're actually connecting one terminal of the CDI to ground. Either the ground wire has broken, the wire to the CDI has broken or the switch simply isn't completing the circuit.
I will definitely investigate that. My brother and I just found some wire issues under the front light. Some of the ground wires that were soded together came off so we fixed it.
I did upgrade the CDI because the bike had a rev limiter but now I have to do a thorough investigation.

Its safe to assume that I have to open up all the wires that lead from the killswitch and CDI?

If you or anyone has any suggestions would be good.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #18

Before you go any further, did the repairs to the ground wires solve the problem?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Before you go any further, did the repairs to the ground wires solve the problem?
Everything is fully operational electrical and otherwise except the killswitch is still not working. Also I can turn the key to the off position pull it out and the bike will still run. WEIRD!

I fixed the wires under the light, fixed the stator connections, also suprisingly the battery was part of the issue. Now its just the kill switch.

So I have to rip the thing apart and find all the grounds.

I will take a picture of it tomorrow. I ride without side panels makes it look mean. This winter I will paint it a canary yellow.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #20

I think that there is a Kylon Fusion in the yellow you're after; it works really well on plastic.

If your kill switch and key switch won't shut the bike off, then there is still a ground wire that needs to be repaired (as you suspect). I would start by following the ground wire from the kill switch and see where it goes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #21

I know its been quite a while. But I never got the kill switch quite fixed. But other than that it ran well.

Unfortunately I was in accident during the winter in Manhattan the only damage to myself I dislocated my finger snapped that bad boy back put guerrilla tape around the finger.

While I was out the country also someone hit the bike and it sustained additional damage. I just returned recently.

Now the bike will not turn over I will youtube it tomorrow to see if anyone has any suggestions.

The sad part is I had just purchased new tires, new rear brake, another muffler which I never put on (looking to mod a sport bike muffler), changed the gas tank from metal to plastic (which I was so happy about because had it still been metal it would have been utterly damaged),among some other products.

I have to replace all the fairings/plastics. Cant really fine them. But if I can get this puppy going. I think I want the shineray 200xyi plastics.

The lower arm the rubber ran out so we replaced the rubber where the long pipe went.

Wish me luck and if you have any suggestions on upgrades please do not hesitate to suggest.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #22

You snapped your finger back in by yourself? 8O

Old 05-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #23

Quote:
You snapped your finger back in by yourself? 8O
Yeah I played football and did martial arts its kind of common place. It's painful and the worse part it was the clutch hand.

I always wear my TMS pads under garments and shell. This day I was in normal clothes because I rode to work so I was going to be careful.

Traffic was moving at a nice speed we had all green lights and traffic was cruising. A cab stopped short for a passenger and I couldnt stop in time and I tried to go from one lane to the other while trying to slow down. I clipped a hummer and lost that war.

I know if I was riding my brothers KLR 650 it would have been a worse and terrible situation.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #24

This site has most of the hard to find parts for your bike. Also roketa DB-07 parts are interchangable

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalo..._Explorer.html

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalo...Body_Sets.html

http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...ID=0&proID=255

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true! --Homer Simpson

Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #25

Www.runmasterusa.com is who distribute Kinroad in the US

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtardo
Yes I use china parts UK but the shipping is killer kind of a last resort type thing.
I wasnt sure which Roketa was the match thanks for that info.
If I'm not mistaken also the Zongshen bikes are also comparable.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #27

I know the zongshen diamo LS 200 is. I have some parts of all these bikes on mine.

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true! --Homer Simpson

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #28

Just a quick update. I was out the country for a little while and my brother and I decided to get the bike going again. After my small accident the engine wouldnt turnover. I decided to add all my new parts to the bike anyway since it was not working (All the parts I had sitting in my home before the accident). I met with Tvnacman (Dealer & Distributor thread) the engine is blown awesome man and website http://www.testedscooterparts.com/index.php. The bike sat for years and kind of was weathered. I will give the engine to Tvnacman and my brother and I will go to town on the wiring and some of the weathered parts.

Although I am in the process of purchasing another bike I am keeping this one. I love this bike. My only real complaint is the fairings. They are WAY to stiff no give and crack to easy. If anyone knows of better option let me know. I have to do a small modification to the gas tank fairing because the new plastic tank is slightly larger than the original metal gas tank.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #29

Thanks for posting the update. I'm glad you are not giving up on the bike.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thanks for posting the update. I'm glad you are not giving up on the bike.
Oh hell no. I love this bike. In the city the ease and maneuverability is priceless. Definitely not a highway bike but city riding its PERFECT!