Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2017, 10:16 PM   #16

[QUOTE=Sullybiker;266142

that thing has plenty of power.

[/QUOTE]

No it dosn't..... Has enough...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 09-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #17

Same as my motto on gun capacity. My ps90 hold 50 rounds and I still have to reload therefore it is not enough, despite what the wusses on the left say.

If it doesn't rip your arms off your shoulders it is not e enough power.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:50 AM   #18

Have to disagree with the klx love fest. I had one for about 4 years. At around 1k miles it started clacking on the top end loudly. Dealer wasn't much help, didn't want to tear into it without making all kinds of comments on how I would be liable for the bill if nothing was found, and that these bikes are just loud. Overall they were just douchy about it. So I tore it down, cam lobes had been eaten away and also ate up the tappet buckets. So I then just took the cam back to the dealer and asked them to look at it. They came to the conclusion that it wasn't hardened properly and that I needed a new one. By this time, they didn't remember me. So I said so this would be covered under warranty, they then said what is this out of, I told them. They required me to reassemble the bike, and it be running before I brought it back to them for warranty work.

After the work, I ended up putting another 15k miles on it before selling. It was a decent bike, but valve adjustments were a PITA, and the valve shims were expensive.

As for power, nothing special, very corked up from the factory.

My drz400 that I had afterwards was a far far better bike, with tremendously better power, and for me it was cheaper.

In the end, I've had 3 China bikes, and I just don't see how the klx was that much better to warrant the cost difference.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:51 AM   #19

Given the spec sheet for this bike, I would say it has a good chance to hold a very strong candle to the WR250R. We all know spec sheets only mean so much though, and one of the WR250R's greatest strengths is the engine is very low maintenance, especially compared to other enduro/mx 1 poppers out there. Suspension, weight, and power wise, the KLX250 looks to be a pretty close contender.

I will still sit here and await the day one of the JDM manufacturers puts out a 400-450cc road legal dual sport. Pipe dream...but I can keep trying lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancadam View Post
Have to disagree with the klx love fest. I had one for about 4 years. At around 1k miles it started clacking on the top end loudly.
If you dig into the details, the 2018 KLX engine has had a lot of internal tweaks over the previous years, so a lot of those top end issues may have been solved. Only time will tell.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #20

I think my issue was more of a one off issue, or very isolated. The cam chain tensioner was another issue, lots of talk on the klx forums about that. Even though it was supposed to be automatic, it required manual adjusting.

I still like Kawasaki, had a Vulcan 550 for several years after the klx,that bike never had the slightest of issues and was fast.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Given the spec sheet for this bike, I would say it has a good chance to hold a very strong candle to the WR250R. We all know spec sheets only mean so much though, and one of the WR250R's greatest strengths is the engine is very low maintenance, especially compared to other enduro/mx 1 poppers out there. Suspension, weight, and power wise, the KLX250 looks to be a pretty close contender.

I will still sit here and await the day one of the JDM manufacturers puts out a 400-450cc road legal dual sport. Pipe dream...but I can keep trying lol.

If you dig into the details, the 2018 KLX engine has had a lot of internal tweaks over the previous years, so a lot of those top end issues may have been solved. Only time will tell.
there are 2 WR250s..
the WR250R is the trail /ADV version.. "pictured above"
then theres the WR250F / X is the pure Enduro version..
of the YZF250 MX bike with diffrent tuning & suspension..
has a reverse cylinder ,exhaust out the back , intake at the
front & tank under the seat... completely diffrent motor...

the chinese 400/450 trail/ADV bike will come... It's taken yamaha
3 years to devlop the new 700 tenere still not due to release till
early next year... they know what they are doing... if you rush somthing
onto the market it all turns to crap and you get a bad name think it's
what the chinese are finding out now with all the crap they have made in the past
they have produced a mined set they now have to change in the motorcycle buying public...

they also need to stop copying old obsolete motors/bikes... i know they are tryed
& tested designs but the motor bike buyers don't see it that way.. people want
the latest & greatest not a 20 plus year old design...

think back to when the japs started it wasn't that meany years till they were building
bikes that were light years ahead of what the was on the market and that seen the
end of so meany companys that just rested on there lurals for decades and never
realy advanced motor bike design.. in 1974 when the Honda CR125m / CR250m were put
on the market.. those two bikes alone were the death nail to so meany companys..
after decades of copying the chinese are still so far off the pace...they need to change
something...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com