Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #1

POWERSPORTSMAX and me

With me finnaly getting my paper work I thought I'd write about my PSM experience.
I ordered my shark from them on march 12th it was shipped out the next day and I revived it in Michigan the following Monday. With the bike order I had also ordered a air shock in case I needed something a bit stiffer it got lost in the mail and they shipped me a new one with nothing more than a email.
Speaking of emails, they were all answered with in 6 hours. (I believe though I can not prove it they were being answered in China...,.just something off a bit in the responds content.)
Now the only thing that did left me feeling a bit off was the amount of time the mso took.
I would not be surprised if the issue was from the fact my bike shipped from power riders outlet.3 weeks IMHO is a bit longer than it should be for this part of the sale.

In the end the question is am I happy and would I purchase from powerspotsmax again.
The answer to both is yes . I can not speak to others experiance with them but mine over all was satisfactory and I would give them a B+ grade. Again the only negative being the time for the mso.
YMMV

Robb

Old 05-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #2

I agree on the likelihood of foreign email responders -- pretty much all of my emails with them were timestamped between midnight and 4am EST.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
With me finnaly getting my paper work I thought I'd write about my PSM experience.
I ordered my shark from them on march 12th it was shipped out the next day and I revived it in Michigan the following Monday. With the bike order I had also ordered a air shock in case I needed something a bit stiffer it got lost in the mail and they shipped me a new one with nothing more than a email.
Speaking of emails, they were all answered with in 6 hours. (I believe though I can not prove it they were being answered in China...,.just something off a bit in the responds content.)
Now the only thing that did left me feeling a bit off was the amount of time the mso took.
I would not be surprised if the issue was from the fact my bike shipped from power riders outlet.3 weeks IMHO is a bit longer than it should be for this part of the sale.

In the end the question is am I happy and would I purchase from powerspotsmax again.
The answer to both is yes . I can not speak to others experiance with them but mine over all was satisfactory and I would give them a B+ grade. Again the only negative being the time for the mso.
YMMV

Robb
Hhmmmm....I had a feeling that PSM and SPS may be related. Powerrideoutlet was the Mother Ship for SPS.

For what it's worth, I also had a positive experience with SPS. Glad to hear things went well with PSM. Swampy also had a pleasant experience with them.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #4

I too had a great experience with PSM, but after hearing most other folks dealings with them, we were the lucky ones. I'd still order from them again though

Old 05-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #5

My experience started off OK, best price, Arrived quickly.. although the delivery driver was in a real rush and wanted to reschedule.. even though he was parked up and I had my trailer at the back of his truck??? There were some broken parts that were replaced quickly. But the moment I called them I knew their customer service sucked. Some totally uninterested dude mumbling away just trying to fob me off and get rid of me. I had a ticket opened because the MSO had a tracking number but hadn't updated in 10 days. He said I needed to call the post office. Come on.. that isn't my responsibility! I have sold stuff on ebay and if it doesn't arrive, I'm right on it. A lady had called me and promised me we would wait another week and then go about getting another issued but I never heard back after 2 more weeks. I updated the ticket with a really crappy message and it turned up later that day lol I don't care, I stand by my comments. They did very little about it and I felt a bit helpless. Let's say I would be "wary" of buying from them again. Read customer complaints (lots) be remember, people always leave bad comments and rarely leave good ones. Jeff
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 05-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
My experience started off OK, best price, Arrived quickly.. although the delivery driver was in a real rush and wanted to reschedule.. even though he was parked up and I had my trailer at the back of his truck??? There were some broken parts that were replaced quickly. But the moment I called them I knew their customer service sucked. Some totally uninterested dude mumbling away just trying to fob me off and get rid of me. I had a ticket opened because the MSO had a tracking number but hadn't updated in 10 days. He said I needed to call the post office. Come on.. that isn't my responsibility! I have sold stuff on ebay and if it doesn't arrive, I'm right on it. A lady had called me and promised me we would wait another week and then go about getting another issued but I never heard back after 2 more weeks. I updated the ticket with a really crappy message and it turned up later that day lol I don't care, I stand by my comments. They did very little about it and I felt a bit helpless. Let's say I would be "wary" of buying from them again. Read customer complaints (lots) be remember, people always leave bad comments and rarely leave good ones. Jeff
Your experience isn't shocking. I really think that when we shop on these big box websites, just getting it delivered in a decent amount of time, for the lowest possible price, is really the peak of expectation. Everything beyond that is luck.

That's the main reason CSC is more expensive for a similar unit. They have an awesome service staff, always ready and willing to help and these people must be paid a living wage. Plus, they have a ton of parts, in stock, readily available. This stock must also be paid for.

As the saying goes, "You can have the best price, the best product and the best service. Pick which two of the three do you want?"

I'd still order from PSM or SPS again. As long as I get the product for the lowest price and my paperwork eventually shows up, that's really all I expect....but I'm pretty easy.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Plus, they have a ton of parts, in stock, readily available. This stock must also be paid for.
Yes, lest we forget, any stock on a retailers shelf is taxed by the state.

Yes, car dealers have to pay tax on all those unsold units on their shelves (parkinglots)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~