Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You may find that the new CDI does not allow the engine to shut off. If that's the case, your wiring harness can be slightly modified to work with it. Be prepared to stall the engine the first time you try the CDI.
New CDI's came in today. The plastic connecter on the CDI is a little different the one on the bike so it would not plug in. It matches the one on the Tao Tao 150 quad. I plugged it in to the 150 and and starts and turns off fine with it so I have two spares for that quad. The 110 quad had a 1 connector 6 pin CDI so its totally different then the bike or 150 quad.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #17

Still waiting on the new AC CDI. I order a DC CDI also to have my bases covered, It came in today but the bike wouldn't start with it today. I have developed a miss and loss of power at a mid high rpm range. I can throttle past it. When it starts missing I can hold throttle at that RPM and shift gears and the miss goes away until the RPM's climb back up so I'm gonna say that is a CDI issue not a carb issue. Hope the new CDI comes in soon.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #18

I got the first ac CDI I ordered in today. It is a "racing CDI." It works but is a total piece of crap. It is very hard to start the bike with it on and the bike idle likes crap with it. I took it for a ride and it still had the miss as mid high rpms. I got back home and put original cdi back on and pulled the gas tank and put on the mikuni carb that I ordered on. I had been waiting for the jets I order for it to come in before I put it but figured I'd use it as a diagnostic tool. At first it was tool lean and wouldn't start without or run without the choke. I adjusted the mixture screw and got it idling good without the choke (fuel mixture screw?). Took it for several test rides of about 20 miles total and the miss is gone so apparently it was a carb issue. It came stock with a 100 jet and I have on order 4 102.5 and 4 110 jets and already receive some "jet" drill bits that I order. Thanks ripcuda for posting that information. With the current set up the bike runs and sounds great, no occasional popping on deceleration like before and is a lot more peppier then before. Top speed is the same.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #19

Rode my bike to work Wednesday. Its 44 miles on way (88 round trip). No issues with loss of power. I still have the original CDI so it must have been a carb issue. Maybe some trash in bowl of old carb due to no fuel filter. I have since installed a fuel filter.

Bike performed great on the way there in the daylight. I took all back roads to get there. Since I don't get off work until midnight, It was dark on the way and my headlights absolutely stink. I have it adjusted down as far as it will adjust with is ok on regular lights but brights are still aimed to high and pretty much useless. I got tired of riding slow so that I could see in the dark that halfway home I actually got on the interstate for the rest of the way home. (interstate doesn't have twisties sneeking up on you in the dark). was able to maintain about 57 gps on the flats and could get in the 60's going down hill. luckily out this way there is very little traffic out that late at night.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #20

One of the mount brackets that hole on the exhaust heat shield broke somtime when I was riding the bike to or from work. I will be welding it back on when I get a chance and its time for oil change.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:46 AM   #21

Glad to hear it's running better.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Glad to hear it's running better.
Thanks for all your help. I got the new cdi's in but haven't got a chance test them yet. I welded the bracket for the exhaust heat shield on this morning and changed the oil and rode to work.