Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #1

Thinking about getting bigger bike.

I really enjoy the Brozz but I am thinking I might like something bigger.
I went and looked at Kawasaki Versys 650 and 300. I sat on the 650 and it fits me well.

I also sat on the 300 but for the price difference I would go with the 650. And the seat on the 300 feels like a piece of wood.

I know of a 2008 Kawasaki Versys 650 15k mi for 3400 good deal?
Bike is in very nice shape.

Also found a new 2016 for 6000 and an 2016 650LT for 6500 but these are out of state around 5 hr away.

Any comments are welcome.

Last edited by goat67; 06-24-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #2

5 hours is nothing for a motorcycle deal. I live in NC and have driven to Alabama and to DC area to buy them before. Oh...and Nashville too. December, riding back across the mountains. 36 degrees. C14s with hand warmers and a nice big windshield was sure fun!

regarding the prices, i usually check craigslist and cycle trader for comparables to determine the value of the bike.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #3

Whats the price difference on the 1000cc?

Old 06-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Whats the price difference on the 1000cc?
I did not price out or research the 1000cc I am not ready for something that big.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #5

What's the weight of the 300?
What's the weight of the 650?
Is it significant with the reason for your riding style of this bike.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-24-2017, 09:23 PM   #6

Goat;

Thought I would chime in here with a few thoughts for you. The first thing that jumps out at me is the difference between the Brozz and a Versys. One is a semi-dirt oriented bike (Brozz) and the other is a nearly pure street bike (Versys). Have you decided to change your riding areas? What type of use would you most likely see yourself getting out of the new (to you) bike? Why are you looking to change bikes instead of continuing to outfit the Brozz to do what you want? Are you at the mechanical limits of what the bike can do, or is there something specific that the Brozz isn't giving you? I don't have any skin in the bike-buying game for you, I'm just asking some questions to see if I may be of any help to get you to the best bike for you. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to chat with you about what experiences different bikes deliver.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 06-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
What's the weight of the 300?
What's the weight of the 650?
Is it significant with the reason for your riding style of this bike.
Hello the 300 come in at 386 lbs.

When sitting on this bike it is much closer in feel to the Brozz it is heavier but it feels like you can move it around.

The 650 weighs 476 lbs.

When sitting on this bike it feels like a motorcycle it is heavy and you do not throw it around like a dirt bike.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Goat;

Thought I would chime in here with a few thoughts for you. The first thing that jumps out at me is the difference between the Brozz and a Versys. One is a semi-dirt oriented bike (Brozz) and the other is a nearly pure street bike (Versys). Have you decided to change your riding areas? What type of use would you most likely see yourself getting out of the new (to you) bike? Why are you looking to change bikes instead of continuing to outfit the Brozz to do what you want? Are you at the mechanical limits of what the bike can do, or is there something specific that the Brozz isn't giving you? I don't have any skin in the bike-buying game for you, I'm just asking some questions to see if I may be of any help to get you to the best bike for you. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to chat with you about what experiences different bikes deliver.
Thanks for posting.

Regarding the difference of the bikes. I love the Brozz for what it is.
I bought it to drive around town and on some dirt roads / fire roads etc when I go up north.
I work 3 miles from home so it is great for that no freeways.

What it did do was make me want more. I would love to be able to take the wife for a ride and still be able to get out of the way.

I would love to be able to get on a freeway and keep up with traffic that is not happening on the Brozz.

I know that CSC has the RX3 but still this is on the smaller side being a 250.

Looking for something got me started looking at other bikes. I did not want to go to a 650 but the 300 Kawi is a lot of money for what ya get, go up to a 650 and you really got a bike.

So I do not know if I would get rid of the Brozz it still does what I wanted it to do. But I guess I now want to do a bit more.

I will continue to tweak the Brozz but it can only be tweaked so far before you hit the wall of its mechanical limitations.

I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #9

Goat;

I have a pretty good idea of what you're talking about. I have the Hawk that I use for around town jaunts, and the DR I use for long-distance and highway outings. I'm going to sound a little (Ok, a LOT) biased here, but have you given any thought to looking for a Suzuki DR 650? They are basically the incredible hulk version of the Hawk/Brozz. It's a single cylinder, air cooled, carbureted motorcycle. An incredibly simple and proven design that hasn't changed in nearly 20 years. That means parts are super easy to come by, and you can pretty much stick it back together in the field with a twist of grass and some bailing wire. My DR has been kitted out to ride the Trans-America Trial, and it's pretty much bulletproof. It has the kind of room you're talking about for two up riding, and that room transfers over to storage space for those long solo getaways. I pack my bedroll and tent, cooking stuff and food, and I'm comfortable for a nice long ride. The DR's can be found in really good shape for between $2,800-$3,500, depending on miles, condition, and appearance. The best part, is that it's equally at home on the dirt, or on the street. I'm hoping that an honest first-hand account might give you some more food for thought.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 06-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #10

We are coming full circle to the perfect bike utopia conversation. That 45-50 hp great suspension comfortable seat interstate/off road unicorn.

Rx4...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Goat;

I have a pretty good idea of what you're talking about. I have the Hawk that I use for around town jaunts, and the DR I use for long-distance and highway outings. I'm going to sound a little (Ok, a LOT) biased here, but have you given any thought to looking for a Suzuki DR 650? They are basically the incredible hulk version of the Hawk/Brozz. It's a single cylinder, air cooled, carbureted motorcycle. An incredibly simple and proven design that hasn't changed in nearly 20 years. That means parts are super easy to come by, and you can pretty much stick it back together in the field with a twist of grass and some bailing wire. My DR has been kitted out to ride the Trans-America Trial, and it's pretty much bulletproof. It has the kind of room you're talking about for two up riding, and that room transfers over to storage space for those long solo getaways. I pack my bedroll and tent, cooking stuff and food, and I'm comfortable for a nice long ride. The DR's can be found in really good shape for between $2,800-$3,500, depending on miles, condition, and appearance. The best part, is that it's equally at home on the dirt, or on the street. I'm hoping that an honest first-hand account might give you some more food for thought.
Thanks for the input you pretty much nailed it I love the Brozz but I want something a bit more.

I will do some looking and research on the Suzuki any year in particular?

Old 06-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
We are coming full circle to the perfect bike utopia conversation. That 45-50 hp great suspension comfortable seat interstate/off road unicorn.

Rx4...
Yup if only someone would make one.....

Old 06-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #13

Home equity mortages available for most states

Old 06-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #14

Goat;

Pay no attention to these non-believers... Heathens! The lot of them! The years aren't so much of an issue. The basic design hasn't changed in 20 years or so. Personally, I wouldn't go in for anything more than five years old unless it was a monumental good deal. I would also stay away from the DRZ400, as it's liquid cooled, not air cooled. If you get out in some crazy stuff it's really easy to crack a case and then you're SOL. Parts are available for anything you can wish for, too: https://procycle.us/ As for what makes the DR great, see below:

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up