Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2018, 03:14 AM   #1

Hawk 250 title in pennsylvania

I'm new to this site. I'm really interested in purchasing a hawk 250. I live in Pennsylvania. I know their Nazis about registering them here in PA. I was wondering if any one has tried registering one in another state like Michigan where I know their legal and I have friends and then transferring registration to PA after I have the Michigan title. I'd like to hear from anyone has success trying to register a hawk that way in PA. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by 570biker; 12-24-2018 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Misspelled

Old 12-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #2

You'll be fine ! DO NOT go NE title & tags they are vindictive with these. Find a used car lot and take your MCO, bill of sale, proof of insurance, rubbing of the vin number stamped in the frame And about $300 for title taxes and fees. You'll walk out in 10 minutes with plates... Bolt those on and you have 30 days to get an inspection sticker. "Caugh" pay another tax to Pen-dot. In less then 14 days you'll find a PA title in the mail box. It's Sooo expensive because your titleing a new bike and paying PA sales tax.

The motorcycle endorsement is so easy. Answer 16 questions correctly on a computer and you get a permit for up to 2yrs. When it's convenient schedule a road test and do a slow speed figure 8, don't drop the bike you pass.

I read all over "not legal in pa" well here we are, there's several people in PA on China riders, with PA tags.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 12-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #3

570biker keep us updated im from PA to and thinking about getting one.