Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #1

About to pull my order....

No contact from CSC. Only info from others on the Internet. The new bike is already starting to lose its shine in my mind. Bah. It's going to be in the 70's this week here. Back onto my SV I guess.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #2

i did not get one from csc (i got a storm 250), but from order to getting bike and papers so i could ride, it was over 3 weeks and several of the first nice days gone ... i feel your pain man

Old 03-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #3

CSaddict, are you tired of waiting for the bike, or just haven't received an update from CSC? If the latter, give CSC a call tomorrow (closed today) and ask for an update. They've been great to communicate with. If the former, the wait is almost over...

FWIW, I pulled my order back on the original Don't Miss The Boat program and I regretted it. I ended up buying an RX3 anyway, and I haven't looked back.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #4

+1. Agree with rtking. Don't pull the plug. The RX3 is worth the wait.

I'm in the same boat on the TT250. I called last week to add the skid plate to my order and Ryan gave me an update on the progress of the shipment. Could just be a hold up in port or customs to get the bikes officially off the boat. Then there's the unpack, assemble, test, and re-crate for shipment to your door.

BTW.. CSaddict, i see you've got an EN450 bobber project in your sig. I have a EN450 (454LTD) brat/bobber style bike as well that I put together last year. Here's a link with some pics. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15663

Old 03-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
No contact from CSC. Only info from others on the Internet. The new bike is already starting to lose its shine in my mind. Bah. It's going to be in the 70's this week here. Back onto my SV I guess.
I hear ya man, I pre-ordered one about a month ago...I'm gonna stick in there cause I've already paid in full. Let me know if you contact them tomorrow with an update. I'm guessing they've just been getting through customs still - although almost for a month seems kind of ridiculous.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #6

I'm not contacting them. Sara's email to me was they were calling me and that was over 2 weeks ago. You would think a company that has built a reputation for customer service would at least send out some emails stating why there are delays. I'm not going to chase them. If I don't hear from them by next week I'll look elsewhere.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #7

I really don't see your impatience as being prodding stick to CSC. Canceling your order is really only going to disappoint you in the long run, and move someone else up on the waiting list to getting theirs in the first shipment instead of having to wait on the second.

I order large equipment from overseas on the regular. I have to use a clearinghouse agent just to get my stuff on a delivery truck from the port. It's not as simple as ordering something, and it's on the way. Once the container has been located, it goes to a holding area, where it then gets x-rayed, inspected, sniffed, etc... then the container's contents have to be accounted for on the manifest before a customs agent even gets to stamp the papers. This is all before it can be even moved to the area where it can get picked up by your logistics provider.

It's not a fast process. And it really sucks when you've spent thousands of dollars on a piece of equipment, that you think will make you money (or provide you with miles of smiles) and it's just sitting there. You just want a tracking number from your shipping company and know it's on the way to you... but there are many other priorities at the dock besides your thing... namely frozen things, fresh fruits and vegetables, going down in priority from there.

Just hang in there, it's not like CSC is going to screw you over, when all they want to do is move units and maybe sell you some accessories along the way.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 PM   #8

Prodding stick? Lol no. I don't care to prod them. I just eat them to be responsible to me. When I tell my customers in going to call them, I do that. Bikes in stock or not, a simple would have sufficed. We'll see what the next week brings.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Prodding stick? Lol no. I don't care to prod them. I just eat them to be responsible to me. When I tell my customers in going to call them, I do that. Bikes in stock or not, a simple would have sufficed. We'll see what the next week brings.
Have you not read the thread on here when the 2015 bikes were tracked thanks to Spud all along the way with pictures and updates? Everyone was impatiently waiting for the first RX-3's, only to find out that the boat they tracked thanks to info from CSC all the way from Shanghai to the long beach port was the WRONG boat, and it ended up being a longer wait and delay for everyone. I dont remember anyone canceling because of it though, and I dont see what your issue is. CSC said they would call you when the bikes were in. They're not in and therefore they havent called you. Not to mention customs is completely out of their control and completely unpredictable even by the biggest companies. Patience is a virtue, and these bikes are worth the wait.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #10

Funny how I just got an email from Steve. I understand the customs issue. It was actually nicely spelled out in the email. That was all that needed to done. A nice update email letting me know what's going on. I'm on the forums, I know what's going on. That wasn't the point. It's nice to see CSC reach out to keep customers in the loop. That's the CSC I've heard all the wonderful customer service stories about!

And yes, I still wait, but I'm not very patient!!

P.S. at least my windshield and risers from Yoo will be here when the bike gets here!

Ok enough complaining. Someone post a riding video!

Old 03-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #11

Thank for reporting the email from Steve. The customer service from CSC is unbeaten by anyone, and absolutely unparalleled in the world of Chinese motorcycles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #12

Quote:
...Ok enough complaining. Someone post a riding video!
Okay....

Old 03-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #13

Ask, and ye shall receive. Thanks for posting the great video, Joe.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #14

did the AKT adventure 250 have a carbed, kickstartable, version of the rx3's engine?

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
did the AKT adventure 250 have a carbed, kickstartable, version of the rx3's engine?
If you buy Moto Colombia!, there is an entire chapter focused on the differences between the two bikes. To answer your specific questions, the AKT bike has a carb, but no kickstarter.