Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2023, 12:16 PM   #1

Swamp Thing (moving on)

Hey guys haven't been on here in a while but I've been on the ole inner webs long enough to know nothing bugs me more than when something you have been around just disappears. So I just wanted to close out the Swap Thing story.

We had a great run with the bike, my son learned a lot and all in all one of the best $250 I ever paid for a bike. But, last month he got a new home, some young fella just starting to ride looking for something he could run around his property on and learn with.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2061.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	685.1 KB
ID:	29884
That said since we finished up Swamp Thing we got lucky on another ride and have been devoting our time to that. We scored a 1990 Lincoln MK VII LSC, not a barn find or anything like that just a guys father's car who had since passed and he wasn't ready to let it go. The old guy loved the car and tinkered more than drove it, only has 53K miles on it.

Long story short: We missed our chance to look at it the first time, so the guy sold it, then he gave the guy back his money because he wanted him to store it, he still had my number so called me, we went to look at it and it was nice, he and my son hit it off and he reduced the price by 50%.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2204.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	29886
I'll be stopping in from time to time to see what's going on, but thanks everyone for the help and support with our build over the years!

Old 08-09-2023, 01:54 PM   #2

I was a awesome ride the one and only time I have been in one.