Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2019, 07:10 AM   #1

Am I Asking For Too Much?

Here’s my story...

About 7 months ago, the reality of turning 50 years old set in. What would make a GREAT 50th birthday present? How about a Grom clone?!? I looked around the internet and decided on a Hellcat from Family Go Karts. They have a 6 month lay-a-way plan and I would have it paid off in time for my birthday.

I work in an Operating Room in a small hospital in Florida. I rearranged my work schedule so I could have the 8th through 11th off from work. I ended up working 18 days straight before my vacation and then 11 days after my vacation!

Fast forward 6 months, I’ve paid off the Hellcat and it’s been shipped to the Tampa terminal of Saia Freight. I called the terminal and they confirm that my Hellcat is there! The terminal has pick up hours from 5am -10am Tuesday through Friday and 5pm - 10pm Monday through Friday.

I arrived at the terminal around 9pm on March 8th. They can’t find my Hellcat! I was told that I will have to call back on Monday and see if they found my bike. Really?!? WTF?!? How do you loose a piece of freight? I explained to John, the night supervisor, that this was my only opportunity to pick up my bike.

Every time I called the Tampa terminal I get some call center off site. I explained to them what happened. They put me on hold and talked to someone at the terminal. Yeah, the bike is sitting in front of the office!

On March 19th, after only a few hours of sleep, I get up at 4am and drive an hour to Tampa. After they load the bike on my trailer, I noticed a hole in the side of the shipping box, like maybe a forklift had hit it.
Name:  CC7A1DB8-3E14-42BD-B275-1050A33E12A5.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  19.9 KB
It’s been raining on and off, so the forklift operator notes the hole on the bill of lading and I start on my hour drive home.

After I got home, I looked at the bike and found a box of ceramic tiles inside the shipping box!
Name:  59001CF2-6D56-41EC-9689-CD9DFFD1AF83.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  20.0 KB
Apparently, a forklift didn’t hit the bike, a box of high speed, flying tile did!

Yesterday, March 23rd, I got my first opportunity to look the bike over. I can’t decide if the tractor trailer was involved in a crash or nothing was secured in the trailer! Along with a lot of cosmetic damage, the front wheel and swing arm were damaged and are unusable.
Name:  9B2F96FD-691E-4A07-AB66-BB504AB89963.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  20.3 KB

Now, instead of getting a Hellcat, I have an unwanted Hellcat project! Happy birthday, right!?!?
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat