Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #1

Hawk Twins

Hello All!

My name is Matt and I recently took the plunge on two Hawk 250s that should be on their way to me this week. One for me ("Caboose" Blue) and one for my girlfriend ("Donut" Red. Well not really, its not Lightish Red). We are going to upgrade them and take them on THIS.

Based on my research, we will be breaking them in as people on this forum recommend and checking all things to make sure they are definitely ship shape before the ride. We are also planning on swapping to the Mikuni carb and adding the oil cooler to help keep things running smoothly. I have a whole list that I hope to document and provide on this site as well as a trip report.

A bit more about myself, I was a globe trotting mechanic but the schedule got to be too much so I took a sales job where I'm home most nights and moved in together with my girlfriend while she finishes school. I am a massive nerd (if you caught the Red vs. Blue reference above you probably already know this) but my passion is all things two wheels. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years and our favorite things are pedal start mopeds and motorcycles and long road trips. We wrench and ride a lot together and even took the coursework to be rider coaches so in the summer we get to teach classes together and its the best summer job! We are about motorcycles. I have 4-5 (I lose count) that I hope to be selling once the weather gets better and she also has 4-5 of her own to par down lol!

Anyway I am really looking forward to getting my dirty mitts on the Hawks and preparing them for the hardest 1000 miles I've ridden in a while!