Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #1

Hi, newbie here.

Hi everybody and happy new year.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

That was a bit short and sweet. I'm from the UK although I'm lucky enough to spend most of my time in sunny Spain. I haven't actually got a bike yet, I'm between bikes. But, I'm going to take a Honley (Zongshen) RX3 for a test ride tomorrow with a view to taking it to Spain. I think it's a great looking machine. Does anybody have any opinions/thoughts/advice etc. Call me a wuss, but the big adventure bikes 1200GS, 1000VStroms and the link!E are just too big and heavy for me but I'm worried that a 250 is just a bit too small. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #3

Welcome, Rich1! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
Call me a wuss, but the big adventure bikes 1200GS, 1000VStroms and the link!E are just too big and heavy for me but I'm worried that a 250 is just a bit too small. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.
Hello Rich and welcome! Honestly, I'm 5'9" tall and on my RX3 I still can't sit flat footed. I'm up on my tip toes at the stop lights! The 250cc engine is only too small if you are buying the bike for something that engine isn't designed to do. For instance, do you need to go 200 kph? Do you need to climb mountains? Do you need to carry 200 lbs of gear and a passenger? If not I suspect the 250cc engine will take care of you just fine.

I really believe if you sit down with a pen and paper and write down what you NEED the bike to do and compare it to what it's actually capable of, you'll be able to make a much more informed decision. And if you write something down that you can't answer whether it's capable of or not, pop back on here and ask us! We'll help you!

Old 01-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #5

Welcome Rich1!
I'm sure you'll fit right in

... Owner of a 2007 200cc Beast