Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
for kicks and giggles I installed the "police version " engine guards I got at CSC during the Baja trip. They don't cover as well as the stock, Stick out wider, but good enough for my riding needs. Make getting to engine easier and provide a dandy place for my feet like highway pegs if needed. We'll see how they work this summer. I just liked freeing up room to get to the engine easier. And since I don't crash should be OK with them. RJ
RJ, Can you post a photo of the police version engine guards on your bike.

I was thinking of completly removing the engine guard, just so I can do valve adjustments more easily.

jb

Old 04-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by vttrailboss View Post
I couldn't resist not getting these for $23 (with the mounts). There not wired in yet, but hooked up to a battery showed me they are very bright! The accessory wires look pretty thin... how much can they handle!
I seem to recall the accessory leads are rated for 5 amps. 12x5=60 watts. Did you test the amp draw with a meter when you did the battery trial?

Old 04-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
RJ, Can you post a photo of the police version engine guards on your bike.

I was thinking of completly removing the engine guard, just so I can do valve adjustments more easily.

jb
I'll try and get a pics for you tonight JB, rj

Old 04-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #559

Finally heres the pics of the police engine guards on my bike JB. Had trouble loading them to Photobucket. [IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #560

Thanks for the photos, rj.

Quite impressive engine guards!

jb

Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #561

I didn't Jay, but I've read these are more like 18w lights. I'll try getting a reading before hooking them up.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #562

Hi everyone again! In Moscow, finally warm weather and torrential rain and 41 degrees Fahrenheit came to clear skies and 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Well, the bike finally since the beginning of March it became necessary cooling system. And here I was expecting problems. I found that the fans do not work and I almost got overheated engine. It was found experimentally that the thermistor and the thermostat is working, finally today I was sorting out the wiring of the motorcycle. At the junction of the two wires I found the twist which moved down to the insulation. Wire was not soldered between each other. Only one is connected by soldering to the ring. After a normal soldering, the problem was resolved. I hope that you are not so poorly designed.

I also changed the oil, brake fluid, brake pads discs, put it on the front of the led lamp. I dare say that a led lamp is much better than the standard.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #563

Rus,

Thanks for posting the warning. I hope you enjoy a good riding season in Moscow.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 PM   #564

Well at just over 9000 miles the original rear tire was worn out and the chain was stretching. So this weekend I installed the following. A new chain, a 13 tooth sprocket, a new CST rear tire, and I replaced the rear hub bearings. I only took the bike for a 12-15 mile test ride but I like the new sprocket. No more slipping the clutch to get started on the slightest incline.

2016 CSC RX3 Sahara Orange

Old 05-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #565

I tested both lights together. 4.7amps. I hooked them up to the A1, and no fuses popped. They are bright! make the head lamp look like a candle... even on high beam. Not to mention a much whiter light.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by vttrailboss View Post
I tested both lights together. 4.7amps. I hooked them up to the A1, and no fuses popped. They are bright! make the head lamp look like a candle... even on high beam. Not to mention a much whiter light.
So you sound good to go. The only way to make it/them better would be to use a relay, but it's not really necessary.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM   #567

Comrades, I would like to say a trivial thing that should not be forgotten. Don't forget to check the screw connections and the use of thread sealant to prevent loosening. This will prevent unpleasant and dangerous situation like the one that happened to my friend, who lost in the path of one very important bolt.

Also I would like to congratulate you on the anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany in World War II. Hurrah.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
Also I would like to congratulate you on the anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany in World War II. Hurrah.
I seem to remember that Russia also made great sacrifice to defeat Nazi Germany.

За нашу дружбу!

Old 05-10-2017, 01:46 AM   #569

Theres still a few of us 1970's something kids out here that were actually taught history in school. Who knows what they do now, how to socialize, properly fit condoms on bannanas and friday night football I think is about it...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-10-2017, 10:41 AM   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
I seem to remember that Russia also made great sacrifice to defeat Nazi Germany.

За нашу дружбу!
It was a terrible sacrifice, put in the crucible of war. When the population in 170,5 million people in the Soviet Union, killed 26 million people, of which only about 8.8 million were soldiers. In some republics of the Soviet Union every third did not return from the war.

And God forbid that this will never happen again. And no policy would be unable to embroil the different peoples and to unleash such a terrible war. For our friendship, comrade! And, as we say, I wish you a peaceful sky over your head!