Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #1

S.C. Brozz 250 First Bike First Post

Hello All,

Just got done building and running the 2020 Brozz 250 around the yard. Gotta say, really impressed. For the $$ and ease, the whole process so far has been great.
Slight delay on shipping, still came within the stated window, just a day later then what the tracking said. Overall crate was beaten up and torn, accessories box was ripped and torn. Bolt bag was busted open, inside the torn box, never found the bolt for the shock. That’s it though. A beat up crate and a missing bolt. Bike was fine, parts were not damaged.
Took 4 hours for two regular people to assemble while watching the 2020 250 build on YouTube. On a concrete pad in the sun (lots of stops to cool off ). Muscling the crate and lifting the bike for shock and front wheel install was the roughest bit. New video really helped, used it for bolt identification and assembly order.
Ran at the push of a button, first touch.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #2

“Took 4 hours for two regular people to assemble “ good job pointing out the rest of us on here are weirdos ,and in you very first post no less .

Old 03-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #3

Welcome and congrats on the new bike.

My only suggestion would be to keep an eye on the fasteners during break in (especially critical ones like the brake caliper bolts, engine mount bolts, etc. ), and after 300-500 or so miles, make sure to check and adjust the spokes as they will have loosened some.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #4

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
“Took 4 hours for two regular people to assemble “ good job pointing out the rest of us on here are weirdos ,and in you very first post no less .
I didn’t...I just...aaawwww man! LOL!!
Just meant me and my buddy weren’t mechanics by trade nor completely helpless. Not a judgment of the fine folks on this site.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new bike.

My only suggestion would be to keep an eye on the fasteners during break in (especially critical ones like the brake caliper bolts, engine mount bolts, etc. ), and after 300-500 or so miles, make sure to check and adjust the spokes as they will have loosened some.
Thanks, man. Will do. Since you brought up the spokes, how are spoked motorcycle wheels? Rode some nice bicycles and to be honest never really got great at trueing wheels. I can keep them relatively true once set, but building those... things got irksome. One of the reasons I went with a dual sport is, I can kinda be rough on my things, maybe this will take it better than others. Knocked a lot of bicycle wheels off true by stressing the tolerances of light road bike wheels. Is trueing the wheel gonna need to be done on the reg? Spoke count seems great for the weight here, does one or two loose spokes ever point to problems? I know spokes that regular come loose should be replaced and if replacements have issues then check the wheel. Any new info helps.
One of the nice things about pedaling everywhere for 10+ years, I respect the fact that small problems with speed and weight added make for big problems.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVon View Post
Thanks, man. Will do. Since you brought up the spokes, how are spoked motorcycle wheels? Rode some nice bicycles and to be honest never really got great at trueing wheels. I can keep them relatively true once set, but building those... things got irksome. One of the reasons I went with a dual sport is, I can kinda be rough on my things, maybe this will take it better than others. Knocked a lot of bicycle wheels off true by stressing the tolerances of light road bike wheels. Is trueing the wheel gonna need to be done on the reg? Spoke count seems great for the weight here, does one or two loose spokes ever point to problems? I know spokes that regular come loose should be replaced and if replacements have issues then check the wheel. Any new info helps.
One of the nice things about pedaling everywhere for 10+ years, I respect the fact that small problems with speed and weight added make for big problems.
With a low speed dual sport you can get away with the rims being a little out of true. Plus, for the most part the Bashan bikes seem to come with a bit more quality control as I have yet to see or hear about anybody having to true their wheel out of the crate, or folded a front rim like the 21 inch taco on the Hawks (not forgiving to loose spokes).

I would say do a quick on bike check with a spin on the axle and eyeball it. If it doesn't seem obviously out of whack, just do a regular ol' spoke check and tightening. Not too hard to do and there are plenty of tutorials out there.

I just know, having worked with many spoked wheels, that when you start with a fresh wheel and spokes that they tend to need a little checking during the first few hundred miles. After a while it is more rare to have to tighten them, but it is always a good idea to check the spokes with a good old fashioned tap test.

This guy has a decent basic walk through of what I mean by checking, and if needed tightening.

This is also a great tutorial on the tightening process. Take note of how little he is turning those spoke nipples. If you tap your spokes and they generally sound a bit flat, this is where this method will come in handy. You want to hit close to a C (note) when you tap the spokes as a general rule of thumb.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-23-2020, 12:17 AM   #7

400+ miles in. You were correct to point out the spokes, a few have loosened up. Chain slackened up a bit. Had a heat shield bolt rattle out somewhere, caught it twice with the Allen key, but it never got any locktite. Lost a tool box bolt. Calipers have seemed fine, no movement when I try. Lost about a half quart of oil. She’s been on her side a few times. No sliding, just falls in field and yard. Plus pick up practice. Bent gear lever into a horse shoe. Replaced with an abandoned 150 gear lever from the woods. Slightly bent handle bars during a fall. Thanks to my cook hands, keep resting hands on muffler shield and not noticing at first, “It’s just the sun hitting that side panel. Nope, that’s your hand on a muffler!” Battery died recently, stranded at gas station. Looks like stator can’t keep up with factory lights. Getting ready to do an oil change, gonna be looking at the screen and old oil. Speedometer reads 58 when gps says 50, So odometer says more miles than true. Haven’t heard from seller since he last said he was contacting his distributor. I don’t plan on getting any of my free gifts anymore, guess the charger was an idiot tax also.
Still hard to stop riding and not have a stupid grin on my face.

Tags
2020, 250, brozz