Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It's much better to cuss in a controlled environment. I can't imagine what a PITA that would have been as a field repair.
Cuss or break stuff, that’s the choice I give Mrs. C when she gets on me about it. When I get on a tear with a home remodeling project, Mrs. C always says she’ll never ask me to do another project. She lies. She’s expecting me to use vacation time to replace a thousand square foot of hardwood flooring this year. Because she’s tired of it. I seriously have other plans.

If it had been a field repair, Weld, I’d have found a shop.

E-Thanks for the offer. I wrapped it at noon today. I just ran it through the gears on the center stand, with a jack stand under the side car. No funny noises except for when the Russian version of “true” wheels get up to speed. Shifts into 2wd better than ever. Reverse works, too. And, I had no parts left over.
I’m too beat up to take it for a spin. I’d have to move two cars, the Honda, and Solexes, along with shoveling the April 15th snowfall and my back is saying “Nope”.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
She’s expecting me to use vacation time to replace a thousand square foot of hardwood flooring this year. Because she’s tired of it.
That was my take-away from your post; I feel your pain. I fail to understand change for the sake of change.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #318

Haven't figured that one out yet, either, Weld. Try to get her to replace that 16 year old Audi and she's too attached to it(Says the guy with the 40 year old motorcycle). When it comes to 'HER' house, though, oh boy!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #319

Back pain has eased enough that I was able to take a run with the rebuilt final drive. The consensus is...

Gotta squeeze a lot of riding in this weekend because the work schedule for the next three weeks is Denver, San Juan, and Honolulu. Not even a one day break between PR and HI.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Back pain has eased enough that I was able to take a run with the rebuilt final drive. The consensus is...

Gotta squeeze a lot of riding in this weekend because the work schedule for the next three weeks is Denver, San Juan, and Honolulu. Not even a one day break between PR and HI.
Glad to see you got it going. My Hawk has been sitting in the shed for 3 weeks. Damn rain every weekend. Looks like Saturday will be beautiful day for riding then Rain on Sunday. I have to get up with the chickens tomorrow morning to pick up my camper at the Shop (AC Replaced and 3 hour round trip) so I can get back early enough to get some ride time in.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #321

Looks like more riding and training time became available. HI is off the table. Mrs. C isn’t happy about it but I am quite pleased.
An end run was done around Harold regarding the Denver trip by the sales guys to get me out there. I thought Harold okayed it, so I booked everything. As a wrist slap to me, no HI. If you can gather, it didn’t hurt a bit. I was left out of the HI project from the beginning, so being dragged into it now when things aren’t working right doesn’t hold much appeal.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #322

Swapped out the front tire yesterday. Wasn’t a bad job, except for pinching a tube. Twice. Noticed no difference in riding except that the front tire now has tread. I need to check, but I think I got close to 10K km from that tire.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #323

9000km on the front tire. Not too bad for a sidecar. Hope to get a couple K more out of the pusher and sidecar tires.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #324

Haven't figured out how to post pics from my tablet to here yet, but stay tuned. Just rode almost 400 miles with two three speed bikes hanging off the back of the RPOC and a sidecar full of camping gear. Beat to hell doesn't begin to describe it.

Will start a new thread about the 2018 Lake Pepin 3 Speed Tour in a day or so.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #325

here's something to add to the discussion. weekend before last we made trip to Spencer TN for a COG rally. the three of us rode over on the C10 rig. We did just over 1000 miles in 4 days. it was one of those trips we won't do again, but years from now will make for great stories! check out the rear tire after the trip. with all the weight in the car and pull from the trailer, I leaned out the bike a ton to correct the steering (to make it steer neutral). couple that with some high speed highway miles going across I40 between Asheville and Knoxville and this is the result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1524847689450.jpg (102.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 20180504_105113.jpg (83.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg CCC_058.jpg (100.0 KB, 116 views)

Old 05-15-2018, 06:20 AM   #326

My pusher was bad, but not that bad.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-16-2018, 10:38 PM   #327

1000 in 4 days, nice. (250/day). Glad you and the tire made it, yikes!

Will be doing half that milage in 2 days off pavement this weekend and I know I will be done.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #328

off pavement is another story entirely. that'll take the wind out of your sails for sure!

700 of my miles were done on Thursday going over and Sunday coming back. while there we did about 150 a day.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
off pavement is another story entirely. that'll take the wind out of your sails for sure!

700 of my miles were done on Thursday going over and Sunday coming back. while there we did about 150 a day.
It's hard packed but has the oh shit corners too. I just need to slow it down. Also the cattle guards that I have learned to straighten up vertical when crossing. Hitting those steel bars can be a little scary with morning dew.

Yea, on the pavement but having that trailer chasing me the whole way would make me a little nervous however.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
It's hard packed but has the oh shit corners too. I just need to slow it down. Also the cattle guards that I have learned to straighten up vertical when crossing. Hitting those steel bars can be a little scary with morning dew.

Yea, on the pavement but having that trailer chasing me the whole way would make me a little nervous however.
actually, the trailer did terrific. I hardly noticed a difference when pulling it. I really think it was due to my expert packing job. always put the cooler filled with beer and ice in the front.