Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2021, 11:14 PM   #1

New

Hey guys FNG here. I’m looking into getting a my first bike. Now I do t have a ton of money to spent but 2200 is probably the upper limit. I was looking at the tbr7 because and the roketa dB-08 or the vitaci raven. Now these bikes look just about the same so what’s the real difference. Basically I want to commute to work about 3 miles from my house to down town where I can park a bike directly I front of my job and take it on little fishing adventures when I can. Not trying to do any intense trails or anything just some light ADVENTURE. Also I live in Texas. Central Texas so I might need to do maybe 65 on some back roads but it’s also not a must either.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:47 PM   #2

I hope this helps!

I personally just ordered a Brozz 250 from Jeff at Peace Sports,

Shop Here: brozz250.com

Just go to shop online, then catalogs, then click on vehicles for sale.

For what you mentioned, I think a Standard Brozz 250 would be suitable for you as it comes with 50/50 tires. Good for roads and light to medium trail riding, just don't go from a deep mud pit to a steep hill climb.

Here is a link to the product information: Bashan Brozz 250

The reason I chose this bike was due to the customer service I received from Jeff. He answered all of my questions, and even shot the shit a little over the phone and it made me feel comfortable.

I was looking at the Hawk, but really wanted a Hawk DLX, but I wished the DLX had a carb. To me the Brozz seemed closest to the Hawk DLX and came with a carb and some other nice features. I preferred the 17/46 gearing that comes stock with the Brozz, and I like that it has SS Braided Break Lines, USD forks, Counter Balanced Engine, Skid Plate, Elevated Luggage Rack, Digital Dash and has a stock max speed of 70mph, though I am sure that's pushing it. It also gets around 60 miles per gallon and hold 3 gallons, so you can ride for a while on a tank.

I was actually set on purchasing the Hawk but I could not get a straight answer from TXPowersports if I could tag it for the road in NY. They constantly gave me sketchy info, their website is constantly changing and just overall terrible. (coming from a web designer...)

Now some things I already Hate about my Brozz and it has not even been delivered:

1: It has remote start
2: It has an alarm that slowly drains the battery (No issue if started regularly...)
3: The remote start and alarm are quirky
4: Instead of a kill switch it has a switch for hazard lights.
5: The handlebars are a complete joke.
6: It has Peace Sports embroidered into the seat.
7: The decals can not be peeled off, so it requires painting just to black everything out.
8: Just the Branding in general, in my opinion the Peace Sports Logo is not sporty at all, I mean, unless
you printed it on a wooden baseball bat.

Aside from the handlebars, everything I hate about the Brozz all revolves around cosmetics and my crazy OCD. I will iron out all of the wrinkles on this bike and it will for sure create a stronger bond between my bike and I.

The total bike cost $1949 plus $1 shipping, (tax gets paid at DMV) and takes roughly a week to deliver.

I also spent around $150 on fluids and stability upgrades. All available on Amazon, or from Jeff for pretty much the same price. I did save maybe $5-$10 by shopping around on Amazon.

Prices include tax*

Pro Taper SE Handlebars - Standard 7/8 (CR High) (Black) ($68)
Niche 428 X-Ring Chain 130L ($54)
Bikemaster Folding Shift Lever ($20)

Fluids are available, but you should always shop local for that stuff, to support your stores.

Anyway, I suggest at least giving Jeff a call @ (770) 662-1898 and pick his brain.

for less than 2g you will have a good bike and the site offers pretty much all replacement parts and some upgrades too.

Here is the one I am getting:

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Last edited by idle_purr; 02-28-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Old 02-28-2021, 03:25 PM   #3

I assume that’s an older pic. That pic looks like a 2018 model, with non inverted forks and a drum rear brake.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 02-28-2021, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
I assume that’s an older pic. That pic looks like a 2018 model, with non inverted forks and a drum rear brake.
Crap you're right, I pulled the one Jeff posted on this forum, I will update*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Master View Post
Hey guys FNG here. I’m looking into getting a my first bike. Now I do t have a ton of money to spent but 2200 is probably the upper limit. I was looking at the tbr7 because and the roketa dB-08 or the vitaci raven. Now these bikes look just about the same so what’s the real difference. Basically I want to commute to work about 3 miles from my house to down town where I can park a bike directly I front of my job and take it on little fishing adventures when I can. Not trying to do any intense trails or anything just some light ADVENTURE. Also I live in Texas. Central Texas so I might need to do maybe 65 on some back roads but it’s also not a must either.
I forgot to answer your question in my first reply,

At their core these bikes are all very similar, essentially the same but...

The TBR7 and Raven are made with the cheapest parts, still a good price range, they will require more mods to get you the speed that you want.

The Roketa is the better choice in my opinion, it appears to have better hardware, and some damn sexy colors.

I know the cheaper the better seems like the way to go, but really to spend a couple hundred more gets you a "Higher End Cheapy."

Still consider that Bashan Brozz I mentioned, it's on par with your price and your requirements

~idle_purr

Last edited by idle_purr; 02-28-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:43 AM   #5

The stickers on the bike aren’t that bad. The ones on the swing arm will peel right off. The alarm and remote start aren’t horrible. Just don’t use them, I don’t . I’m still on my original battery, just over a year old now. If you let the bike sit for a month or two just put it on a cheap Trickle charger for a few hours and your good to go. I’m just now considering replacing the battery with something with more CCA. I wasn’t a big fan of the Peace Sports logo on seat either. You’ll get used to it or you could use a sharpie and color it in.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 03-01-2021, 12:52 AM   #6

I know I am going to love the bike. Thanks for the info!

If you go to Amazon and search XTA7B-BS you can find a decent replacement.

~idle_purr

Old 03-01-2021, 07:02 AM   #7

I don't think the fork guards will have the decals on them when you get your bike. My black Brozz didn't, and I'm glad .

Old 03-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #8

For what it's worth I too opted for the brozz over the EFI Hawk, mainly because it has allot more upgradability and it has 17t front 46t rear sprockets already installed and it's quiet which I like.
I'm expecting delivery today sometime today.