Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM   #1

Spruced up the Hawk.

I got my nehttp://
upload imagesw round light today, and except with probably changing to LED signals when my new flasher comes in, I'm pretty much done with it. I have really been keeping the roads hot with it, because we have had a lot of pretty nice weather for this time of year. Here is the last picture I took, before doing the motor, and one of just a little while ago.http://
upload images

Old 01-31-2024, 08:30 AM   #2

looks good. I like the color.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 01-31-2024, 12:10 PM   #3

I'd like to change my headlight sometime in the future. I've started really not like the Transformers helmet look that these all come with and wouldn't mind a round one like that.

Old 01-31-2024, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopsweat View Post
I'd like to change my headlight sometime in the future. I've started really not like the Transformers helmet look that these all come with and wouldn't mind a round one like that.
I don't really care a lot for the headlight on the old Hawk. There was nothing wrong with the little fairing that the stock headlight sits in , but since I painted the bike matte black from it's original blue, and the actual housing for the light was black, I just left the little fairing piece off. I thought it looked slightly better. I got the light that I just installed from AliExpress for a little under $20.00, with the brackets. I wanted a little bit of retro look, so I chose a 6.5" over the 7" that's also available. I can't copy links from AliExpress. The brackets were for larger forks, but had just the thing to make adapters. By sheer coincidence, I had just replace my Hawks grips with new ones ( also from AliExpress), so I just cut two pieces, from the grips, and split them, and they made perfect adapters. The light is super secure. I will warn anyone who uses AliExpress, that on certain items they list, they will show a picture of ,for instance a headlight, and it will seem like a low price, but some times they actually sell each part of one headlight separate, like the shell separate, and the brackets separate, and then the actual bulb.
I just looked at Amazon, and their price is just a few bucks more. I probably would have bought from them ,if I had seen it there first, because it took me a lot longer to get mine than what it would have taken from Amazon, and returns are easy with Amazon. Here is the link. I didn't want anything that drew more power than the stock light.https://www.amazon.com/LeeMas-Univer...%2C392&sr=8-14

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 01-31-2024 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Add link.