Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #1

Head Scratching Replacement Plastics comparison.....

Just a few minutes of comparing pics for those of us Hawk/Shark/Brozz owners looking to swap plastics: a few thoughts to ponder.....

It's not easily done. What spawned this thought process was looking at sshevie's pics of his new Shark. I REALLY like the aggressive looking shape towards the bottom of the tank shroud. And THEN Ithought, " they're both Bashans, maybe I could get some for my Brozz!"

Comparing sshevie's side shot with a close up of the 18C off of the Jazz webpage reveals they have different mounting points underneath.

Then I thought about the big picture....Hawks are much more common. What about replacement plastics from a Hawk? Comparing the pic of the 18C above to this pic I found of Hertz's Hawk revealed that rear plastics are specific to the chassis as well:

Hope this helps someone in the future....

Old 03-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #2

These bikes have always appeared to be cookie-cutter, made-in-the-same-factory bikes, but they really aren't when you get to the details. I believe in the past, there were numerous enduros who were simply sticker changes away from being another brand (I think Zongshen was the OEM for about a dozen different brands' enduros in the mid-2000s).

That being said, there are situations with scooters in which manufacturers seem to have few suppliers to order from, assemble them, and slap on a mfg's tag and go through EPA/DOT and are now a 'brand' but I don't think this is the case with enduros. Perhaps someone will get both a Hawk and Enforcer (as that might be the case with those two bikes--same suppliers, slapped together , different mfg tags) to compare, but for the most part, I think the enduros are similar, but different.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #3

Very true!

I found this question in another thread that's relevant to the discussion, and it prompted a little more digging:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post

Do you think the CSC TT250 side panel would be a swap?
Well, it certainly looks as thought the CSC's TT250 has similar mounting points and plastics to the Haosen Hawk...

But sadly, not the Brozz...

Old 03-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #4

Now granted, that last pic of the 18C is an older model, but I sincerely doubt the mounting points on the chassis changed from one model year to the next.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #5

The TT and the hawk have the same plastics. The little black thing under the tank on my bike is a custom screw mod because the tab broke during shipping.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #6

I am quite capable of measuring and drawing locations of my plastic on the hawk. If any interest , pm me . I been searching what fits on these bikes from day one . Any help I can give I would be glad to do it . Right up till spring get rids of this rainy days . Or may 15th and our trails open again.
Rail

Last edited by Rail32; 03-28-2017 at 07:51 PM.