Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2022, 02:39 PM   #1

Question on carb jets for pz30

Forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere im sure it has... ive seen yalls specs for jet sizes on carbs and i know that all the jets and setting effect how everything works together inside the carb. I just recieved me pz30 carb for my magician and have the jets coming today but it came with a size 40 pilot jet (slow) and im wondering why some of you have pilot jets in the 20's. What is the reason? Should i swap out the 40? I live in san diego where the elevation can vary from sea level to 6000+ feet but will be mostly in the 60-800ft elevation and plan on running around a 108-112 main. Also removed airbox for after market filter, ebay slip on straight shot muffler, 17/45 gearing, valve job, and i plan on porting polish/milling and new head gasket whebever i have to get in there in the future.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #2

use the pilot jet that allows for correct pilot circuit operation. Considering all the changes you talk about, other people's jetting isn't necessarily relevant.

If you find the idle is too rich no matter how you adjust the pilot screw, than install a smaller pilot jet.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #3

https://www.motorcyclezombies.com/re...orcycle-carbs/

Search the forum, its all here, and then some. You need to look for data on a PZ30. Suggestion, Hawk 250 Resource Thread at the top.