Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2024, 07:55 AM   #1

Wink Templar 250.. Pull behind trailer!?

So I like to think outside the box when possible and I also like to take stuff to the limits. I like to ride around and explore but I also have to work and do estimates for my mobile welding business. So I thought why not make a small light pull behind so that when I get a call I could hook a trailer onto it to hold my welder and hand tools.

So this is what I found..
It weights under 100lbs yet it is rated to carry 1,500lbs!!! The bed is 4.6 feet so there will be plenty of room for anything I would ever need to put in it. My welder only weights about 40lbs and then I have about 30lbs of cords and tools exc for a total of under 200lbs of weight including trailer.

I need help designing a basic hitch system. I have never had a pull behind on a motorcycle so I don't know how they typically connect but it looks like they usually connect to the swing arm. Again I am a welder so I can weld up some kind of small coupler to the back of the swingarm but I need a basic design that is lightweight and easy to connect yet strong enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240209_104151_Chrome.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	682.1 KB
ID:	30803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240209_104138_Chrome.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	642.3 KB
ID:	30804