Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2019, 07:46 AM   #1

Doh! Hawk 250 alarm / remote start system

Hi I just got my hawk 250 and I purchased an Amazon alarm/remote start system and I’m not quite sure how to hook up the remote start portion of the alarm can anyone help ?

Old 03-30-2019, 07:53 AM   #2

More trouble than they are worth .

Old 03-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_Godess View Post
... remote start portion of the alarm...
NEVER touch that function, pls. Cheapo alarm are fixed code. Someone w/ enough knowledge will copy the signal & the bike will gone within seconds. http://jumperone.com/2012/08/motorcycle-alarm-teardown/

Old 03-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #4

DO NOT DO IT! No remote start as it can jump in gear run away and away bang bang

Old 03-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #5

I have it on my Storm and enjoy it, My bike does't sit too much outside the garage and no real length of time out and about, The alarm is super sensitive. even if its not super effective in some peoples eyes it give me a little piece of mind.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:29 AM   #6

To the people who are worried someone will hop on and takeoff with my bike the remote start will be used with my bike while it is in the garage no one will have the chance to take it it would be very useful for me to be able to start it and then get ready for work and let it warm up while I am doing so and I’m really not worried about somebody taking it I’m really just trying to figure out how to get it hooked up

Old 04-09-2019, 12:31 AM   #7

Hey project next I actually watch you on YouTube I don’t know if you remember but we were talking about that Sambo digital gauge cluster about a week ago

Old 04-09-2019, 02:39 AM   #8

The problems are not really that someone will take off with your bike ,but the many times you will get no starts ,dead batteries ,and general electrical gremlins with those crappy systems .I have removed a few over the years on customers bikes,for all of the above reasons and not one person regrets removing them because of the constant problems .

Old 04-09-2019, 05:45 AM   #9

My alarm when first turned on runs for 8 minutes
If I don’t press again to make it beep I’m left stranded after 8 minutes since start up lol
Kinda handy if bikes locked n warming up etc but I left the remote start off for a good reason
Looks fancy if connected but can cause issues
The alarm doesn’t need many wires to function as an alarm only 3 wires etc
I’ve done some to bare bones to make them just work as basic alarm and all my bikes I’ve got them fully wires and no ignition barrel but left remote start off
I like it that the thief can’t jam in a screwdriver and twist on the cheap soft ignitionbarrels
One bike has a gps well hidden
I had my RX3 stolen no alarm but with a gps in the factory location
It meant it was easy to steal and I found the location where they pulled out the gps
Pointless so I did it my way! No gps you’ll ever see if bike torn down and no ignition key or barrel
Yeah I stil got that bike

Old 04-09-2019, 07:41 AM   #10

I had mine wired up but probably only used it a few times. It was more a pain then anything. In order to start the bike with the key I had to use the remote to turn the ignition on. I only bought it for the alarm feature in the first place but figured I would hook up the remote start while I was at it. I ended up disconnecting the remote portion. It has stopped someone from taking the bike. I watched the guy go up to the bike and grab the handle bars like he was going to roll it a way. As soon as he did the alarm went off and so did he. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #11

I took the remote start/alarm off of my shark as it was killing the battery, I have not missed it in the slightest as honestly a remote start on a carbed motorcycle seems a bit silly to me as it does not include a remote choke.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 AM   #12

I only hooked up the siren part of the alarm and quite literally unpinned every other circuit from the connector. I just wanted the loud annoying noise maker just so it would draw attention of some kind and maybe hurt the thieves stupid ears a little bit.

Other than that, I rely on a beefy Oxford "Hardcore" chain and lock and chain it up through the frame to something else sturdy. I trust it far more than the alarm, and it is easy to store on my hawk by looping it through the grab handles a couple of times and securing it with the lock. I bought the 2 meter length so I had the ability to chain up to most anything without running into issues with length. You would be amazed at how short a 6ft 6in chain becomes when you loop it through a bike frame. Price is decent considering what it is. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...in-and-padlock

Are there better chains out there? Sure. The best on the market would have to be the Abus Granite series, but those run in the $280 range and don't come in optional lengths. The Oxford chain is beefy enough that I figure it will at least stop opportunistic a-holes from throwing my new bike in the back of their truck. In reality, if somebody really wants it, they could cut the chain or try to pick the lock, but that is true of any security measure.

This is a more budget friendly lock and chain, and while it might not be as "hardcore" as the one above, but it does come in about 40% cheaper.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...lock?rrec=true

I will say this, these are beefy chains. the 2 meter length weighs in at 15lbs, so it isn't the most light weight or portable thing there is, but it's worth it to me.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #13

Wish I can help. My Bashan BSR came with remote start under the seat. It looks pretty much like the cheap bike alarm I bought off AliExpress. Your device should come with a wiring diagram?

My BSR manual has an electrical diagram, but it doesn't have ignition/remote start info. If you want to look at that anyway I can post it here.

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Old 04-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #14

If I can find the original instruction i'll post them here. I don't remember right off hand which wire I had to cut by the ignition switch. It works great if it's not 30 or 40 degrees. You would need to install a carb with an automatic choke or enricher circuit for starting it in cold weather. If you have to turn on the chock manually then you might as well stick the key in and start it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #15

Both yellows go to a turn signal each
Red battery positive
Orange ignition positive ( check there’s no black on alarm)
Green or black is earth ( Hawk wire in loom ign on is black tho!)
If no green then blacks the earth
Blue is remote start don’t use it!
Pink and or grey are immobilizer wires

Think that’s all