Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2021, 07:40 AM   #16

There is a quote about why the British were so slow to produce television sets... They couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil. ba-dump. Luke, the dark side awaits. Luke being short for Lucas, of course.
Had a Sprite back decades ago. The kind of vehicle that broke one of the axles on a whim. Get to a stop sign. Await crossing traffic, and ease out the clutch. Wouldn't move. Noise in the back. The hub separated from the shaft, no particular reason, but it must have been the tower of power 1098cc 4 banger. Sure. Once I figured out what broke, at least I could order a replacement from JC Whitney, believe it or not.
Other cars couldn't see it(apparently) and regularly broke the brake and tail light lenses. I used to tape the two-piece assembly together with electrical tape on the sides, so if/when they got broke, at least the remainder that was not smashed would stay in the frame. Interesting times.
tom

Old 09-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyunk View Post
There is a quote about why the British were so slow to produce television sets... They couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil. ba-dump. Luke, the dark side awaits. Luke being short for Lucas, of course.
Had a Sprite back decades ago. The kind of vehicle that broke one of the axles on a whim. Get to a stop sign. Await crossing traffic, and ease out the clutch. Wouldn't move. Noise in the back. The hub separated from the shaft, no particular reason, but it must have been the tower of power 1098cc 4 banger. Sure. Once I figured out what broke, at least I could order a replacement from JC Whitney, believe it or not.
Other cars couldn't see it(apparently) and regularly broke the brake and tail light lenses. I used to tape the two-piece assembly together with electrical tape on the sides, so if/when they got broke, at least the remainder that was not smashed would stay in the frame. Interesting times.
tom
Had a 64 Midget, basically the same car. Memories.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-08-2024, 03:52 PM   #18

So...i have made a bit of progress on this in picking up a compact agm battery to lighten the car a bit. The option for install im leaning most towards atm is placing a piece of aluminum under the stock battery tray and using one of the many plastic battery boxes that are out there for the car. The idea behind the aluminum is mostly to serve as a skid plate to protect the underside of the battery box/insert assembly as well as spread the load of mounting two pieces of angle aluminum inside the box to center the battery in the box and secure it. The idea is still a work in progress and may get shelved in favor of mounting under hood or in trunk. If this happens then i'm just dropping the inserts in to add extra storage.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)