Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2022, 06:16 PM   #1

Storms

Hello, I have a quick question that google doesn't seem great at answering.

I'm seeing "Storm 250" for both Bashan and Roketa.

Several tx dealers have it listed as the Roketa DB-08 250. The photos they are using on their site look identical to a bike I sat on at a local dealer listed as a Bashan.

Are there really two separate "storm 250" bikes that use the same decals or does one of these dealers have their banding/photos screwed up?

Also the live chat guy basically told me I'm stupid when I asked.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:45 PM   #2

Do your research before buying anything from the several tx dealerships ,they are mostly owned by a “hole” named Manny (Search his name on this site ) then purchase anywhere else .

Old 10-12-2022, 08:22 PM   #3

Bashan Storm 250 is a nice dual sport with an awesome rack, inverted forks, comfortable seat. I would choose it over the base Hawk.

Check shopapmc (Don Hopper). Seems he has some.
Contract shipping saves you but you need to pick up at a depot.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:26 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies.

I did actually contact Don first.

He said they no longer sold the public and closed their credit card processor, but then he went on to give me shipping costs so i'm not exactly sure if it was just credit card orders or not. Regardless, once shipped it would be in the neighborhood of 2k. It seems to be a good deal and the bike I checked out locally did seem like it was near perfect size.

---
Based on my interaction with the chat person from the tx place I won't be buying any bikes from them. I was a web developer for a number of years. I quickly identified all of those sites as sharing resources pretty quickly in my hunt.

---
The local dealer wants about $3,200 for their Storm which I do understand, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money i'm just going to buy a kpx250. (probably from venom)

I grew up on dirt bikes. I haven't had anything in a long time, but I've started spending more time around the farm where I grew up and kind of just want something to drive around. I might just get a KPX 250 and be done with the search. It seems to be a favorite on this forum.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:04 AM   #5

Jeff at Peace Sports may have some Bashan Brozz in stock. This is essentially identical to the Storm. It has the same counterbalanced 5 speed engine.

He doesn't seem to have the Recon in stock, but you might ask about that.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:55 AM   #6

Peace Sports has the Brozz Recon and Moto Max. Both are great bikes. Personally if you have the money I would go with the KPX250. The KPX is capable of 75+ mph right out the box. The EFI and 6 speed is a game changer. No carb to worry about tuning or sprocket swaps, engine and exhaust mods to get more speed out of them. Believe me this is my 4th China bike and the KPX is by far the best out of all of them. Two year warranty with support from American Lifan and Venom Motorsports if you buy from them. The KPX is definitely a higher quality than the other china bikes I've owned. Just keep in mind the KPX is a tall bike. I'm 5'10" and can't flat foot it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-13-2022, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Check shopapmc (Don Hopper). Seems he has some.
I'll bet you he doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminlately View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I did actually contact Don first.

He said they no longer sold the public and closed their credit card processor, but then he went on to give me shipping costs so i'm not exactly sure if it was just credit card orders or not.

If I were you I wouldn't buy anything from Don/APMC. They did their level best to try to rip me off on a Bashan Enforcer several years ago. I suspect they did not "close" their credit card processor, they were kicked off due to numerous customer complaints. They were mysteriously in exactly that same position four whole years ago when I contacted them. They only took ACH/checking account transfers for payment at that time which is super scammy. That's a major red flag, and denies you the ability to charge them back or take advantage of any of your credit card issuer's protections if they just take your money and run.

Don also lied to me repeatedly about the availability of my bike and legitimately was ducking my calls, letting the phone ring forever until I outsmarted him (which didn't take much) by calling from a different number. Among his various excuses were trying to shift the blame for taking my money and not shipping anything to his other employees.

Don't give those clowns a single penny of your money.

I ultimately bought my Bashan from saferwholesale.com, which while also not exactly a quality operation (they mistakenly sent someone else's MCO along with mine in the same envelope, for instance) I at least got my bike as promised, and roughly when promised.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
ust keep in mind the KPX is a tall bike. I'm 5'10" and can't flat foot it.
Yeah this is something I'm a little worried about. I'm about 5'9". I'm on the heavy side so that might make it squat a little.

I was kind of hoping I could soften up the rear to get to ride a little lower. I expect you are the guy who would know if it has that adjustment out of the box.

---
I am lucky enough to have a fairly stable job and no serious bills at the moment. Money isn't really an obstacle.

I've also got a 1974 square body chevy I plan to dump so I expect it will pay for a bike or two.

I'll probably get smaller bikes for the wife and kid when they are ready.

----
Good dealers...
I haven't completely ruled out the bashan bikes, but it seems difficult to find any good places online to buy.
Anyone know of some good dealers that just suck at SEO?

Old 10-13-2022, 10:45 PM   #9

Closed their credit card processing? More like their processor dropped them. Too many charge backs and other claims will do that to a business.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-17-2022, 09:52 PM   #10

Ordered a KPX rather than mess around with the storm in the 2600 range. Might also look for a small bike for my wife, but she is a true beginner. (About 5'2“)

Old 10-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminlately View Post
Ordered a KPX rather than mess around with the storm in the 2600 range. Might also look for a small bike for my wife, but she is a true beginner. (About 5'2“)
Congrats on the KPX.
Being vertically challenged kind of narrows the options down, plus being a new rider will she be able to handle shifting and manual transmission. I thought about getting a KPV150 for my daughter for the same reasons.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...39554954625126

Or a KP 150 Mini. https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...e-street-legal
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Tags
bashan, roketa, storm 250