Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2023, 12:06 AM   #1

overfilled oil on hawk 250 dlx

Hello all! I'm new to riding, grew up on dirt bikes, really enjoy wrenching just not to great at it lol, hope to learn more as I progress as a rider.

2022 Hawk 250 DLX
1400 miles

:HISTORY:

: changed oil at 0 miles and about 5 times after that with no issue

: added new led blinkers, led headlight, and led tail light, adjustable blinker relay,

:45 / 16 jt sprocket setup with jt 428 non o chain

:705 shinkos

:THE OIL STORY:

: Overfilled the oil during my last oil change, stupid mistake but I didn't realize and rode the bike 15 - 20 miles and it began bogging and slowed the bike to a slow pace as I was trying to make it back home. I ran the bike till it died and pushed it into a local mechanic who agreed to take on the challenge (he had worked on a carbed model before). the throttle would cause the engine to lose all rpms at sudden fast throttle blip. It could build rpms if you slowly worked the throttle up. As the engine heats up the problem causes the engine to shut down, this happens faster when doing quick throttle twists. The mechanic and I have replaced the entire throttle body including the sensors, installed a DIY Briggs and Stratton air filter as oil soaked into the air box and into the stock air filter, new 02 sensor, new injector. nothing seems to be solving the problem. He suggested to try connect to the ECU and clear codes but I tried tonight briefly using a odb2 32 pin - Delphi 6 pin cord with a Vgate iCar Pro bluetooth reader. I somehow managed to connect to the bike using HUD Hacker and cleared most of the codes except for P0123 the TPS Sensor voltage being grounded to the negative. not sure where to go from here, any advice is much appreciated. thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	29348  

Old 06-02-2023, 07:12 AM   #2

Another really good post.

TPS is either still bad or not hooked up properly and grounding out.

Have a close look at the wiring for the TPS first. The computer never lies. The TPS is grounded out for some reason. Either due to a bad install or a failed tps or even maybe some bad wiring grounding out on the tps circuit

Tags
delphi, hawk dlx 250 efi