Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #1

Will it fit my Raptor?

On ebay there are some pattern Honda Rebel side panels ( 140471260290) do you think they will fit my DD250E-9B ?
They look the same but pictures can be deceiving.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #2

Yes.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

Does your bike look like this?

If so, they look close.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #4

Yup, that's exactly my bike so as you say they do look similar.

iamcanjim, are you sure or are you just going by the fact that they look the same ? Have you tried the rebel ones on a Raptor or visa-versa ?

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #5

does yours have twin carb or a single carb? Their is a 1994 Rebel for sale http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=81006

there are different Rebels your is or looks like the 1994 and the CA250T, not an American CMX they are single carbs

so if you can get a schematic for a that version then you may get part number and then see if their is a difference if any.

That seller may know?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:51 AM   #6

They came this morning and are now fitted. Basically they are the same shape as the originals but the RH one does not fit as well as the LH one. Saying that even the original RH one never fitted well so, no change here! I have fitted the new one by drilling the rear mounting post and using a large cable tie through the hole and the rear mounting on the bike. That holds the rear on and the original bolt holds the front on. Two things stop it fitting properly, one is the moulded mounting posts on the cover don't line up (the originals didn't either) and the battery is a little too fat and therefore holds the cover slightly further out than the LH one. The LH one fits well, just like the original.
They look a whole lot better to my eyes, less bling (the originals were all chrome) and more classy. They are predominately black with a "chrome" strip through the centre. Matches the bike well.

SW in the UK
Regal Raptor DD250E-9B (2006)

Old 11-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #7

Sounds like a victory. Good work. Where would we be without cable ties, and duct tape? 8)

Old 11-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Sounds like a victory. Good work. Where would we be without cable ties, and duct tape? 8)
Amen, except I've switched to Gorilla Tape. Good stuff. http://www.gorillaglue.com/tapes.aspx

Sounds great stevew. Got a pic?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #9

Being a yamaha fan it looks like the New Raptor is the best choice to tote my big ass around. Also I am very happy to find such an informative forum to fuel my quad desires!