Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #1

New exhaust can

You may know that the RX3 has had a number of improvement over the years. I own an early 2015 south america model, not the one already ordered with some upgrades by CSC. The exhaust on this bike is very loud, and was a point of love or hate among the users. For some time I managed the dB with a home made "dB killer", a piece of tubing with some lateral holes affixed with a bolt to the inside of the exhaust exit, that somehow muffled the noise. But after upgrading the engine with the 300cc kit and a whole set of high quality NTN bearings (after a balancer shaft bearing failure) I felt that the improved smoothness of the engine was not on par with the kinda ugly (to mee) exhaust note.
So I got a barely used Yamaha XTZ250 can and adapted it to my bike. The result is a very silent idle, and a very low rumble from the exhaust and intake under acceleration. This is very subjetive and the video doesn't make the reality any justice; but anyway, here are the pictures and youtube link.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM   #2

That looks good! Glad it also sounds good too!