Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #1

How Arizonans ride their RX3s

Just doing some range time to get a scope sighted in for deer hunting next week.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

A GUN and an RX3?

Now that is a combo I have never seen lol!

Old 10-27-2018, 02:57 AM   #3

A small rifle. A 6.5mm Grendel and a ride to the range on the RX3.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:27 AM   #4

We tryed to pull that here our gun licence would be gone..
All guns / ammo taken & destroyed..and have a day in court...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 10-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
A small rifle. A 6.5mm Grendel and a ride to the range on the RX3.

Grendel is sweet. I see California license plate. Did you get a used RX?

Old 10-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #6

Yup, and just haven't changed over the title/registration yet. Been lazy/forgetful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
We tryed to pull that here our gun licence would be gone..
All guns / ammo taken & destroyed..and have a day in court...

In AZ and a few others states we have a right to carry open or concealed, no license needed. In my neighborhood we have around 30% gun ownership (that will admit it anyway), and zero crime.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #7

Cute. One of my farms is slap in the middle of the U. S. of A.'s most dense whitetail deer populations. Nothing unusual to see hundreds of deer in one field. Early bow season began August 24, pretty much running solid with different weapons and hunter age restrictions until January 13, next year. Only 2 antlered deer allowed, about all a real trophy hunter can find, but if you want meat, 3 without antlers per day except a few specialty hunts, which only allow 2 or 4 depending on location. Technically, one kid can kill about 350 per season, if he or she skipped school.

First year after moving back to Tennessee, family, friends, and I took about 1200 does off 3740 acres. Guess what! Still more deer than that there. Also, feral hogs, turkeys, doves, ducks, geese, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, coyotes all over. Plenty of choices to kill just for the fun of it once your freezers are full. Plenty of carp if you shoot fish. Feral hogs, coyotes, and carp are useless, if not dangerous. Good riddance.

Anywho, had a TW200 on arrival to Tennessee. A friend with a young daughter lost their wife/mom to a drunk driver. He is career military and was sent to the Middle East. The kid moved in with her teacher while dad was gone, and she loved to hunt deer with her customized-for-Barbie pink and blued AK47. We would hop on the TW, her with both long guns slung over her shoulder, for the 17 mile ride to the farm, and collect every Law Enforcement Officer along the way. Fortunately, a highly placed local LEO is family and hunting buddy so a quick cell phone call resulted in a prompt radio command for the LEO to enjoy a donut break ASAP. Hard to keep from laughing when the sheriff says, "Hey, buddy, go get yourself a donut," over the police radio. Even on school days we could down 6 does, flag them for the neighbor to pick up while exercising his old Belgians, and still get her to school on time. Welcome to the REAL U. S. of A. the coastal and big lake trashes don't want anyone to know about.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #8

Awesome! I did a rifle rack on mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1 Carbine.jpg (98.1 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7222.jpg (97.9 KB, 175 views)

Old 10-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #9

Now that my hunting buddies have moved or passed away, I've done a rack, too. I'm working on a rack for Roxy but can't seem to find a location out of the way and not wider than the side box mounts.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:04 AM   #10

With the tourfella racks it was easy to use clamp on mounts. I've since used them on my F800 also. With the hard luggage, it would help protect the rifle in case the bike went over.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Yup, and just haven't changed over the title/registration yet. Been lazy/forgetful.

In AZ and a few others states we have a right to carry open or concealed, no license needed. In my neighborhood we have around 30% gun ownership (that will admit it anyway), and zero crime.
NZ maybe 0.5% gun ownership and zero crime lol (A little dig at the crazy gunner in the USA lol)

To me from NZ it seems totally crazy and unneeded to carry a hand gun or weapon, I think hand guns are more strict in NZ too.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
NZ maybe 0.5% gun ownership and zero crime lol (A little dig at the crazy gunner in the USA lol)

To me from NZ it seems totally crazy and unneeded to carry a hand gun or weapon, I think hand guns are more strict in NZ too.
NZ is an island surrounded by more than 1000 miles (1500km) of shark-filled waters and blue sky with nothing to hide behind thicker than clouds.

Be thankful for your sharks.

By the way, New Zealand suffers about 108 crimes per year per 1000 people, the U. S. of A. suffers about 41 crimes per year per 1000 people. I suppose New Zealand feels safe since you don't live there. We have many people like that here. They are called "victims". I guess it is just too easy to make statistics lie.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...rimes-per-1000

Edited to remove potentially political statements.

Last edited by sqwert; 10-28-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
With the tourfella racks it was easy to use clamp on mounts. I've since used them on my F800 also. With the hard luggage, it would help protect the rifle in case the bike went over.
On the TW I made a hard case that fit the barrel under the tank and the stock against the side of the frame under the seat. It was bolted on, waterproof, and the lid featured a padlock. That is what I want on the RX3.

Probably build a similar case for the RX3, plenty of room between the left side case and tire since brackets extended to balance the right side case over the muffler. Problem is I have a couple of bench rest rifles. The 40-XBBR has a longer action than most and a 32-inch barrel to take advantage of heavy loads of slower, more consistent burning powders. Chambered .300 Winchester Magnum. It just doesn't fit most store bought solid cases. I'm not putting a $5500 rifle and scope in a folding case, or letting it stick out the sides to be brush whacked riding in to some of the more remote locations that hold a folding bench well.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #14

Interesting ideas. I've been considering taking the RX3 into areas that have coyote problems to do a little eradication shooting. I'd want the rifle quickly accessible but protected since there'd be a good chance of a tipover in the rocky areas.

We also have areas with feral hog problems, but I'm pretty sure putting my .50 BMG on the RX3 would be a challenge.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
NZ is an island surrounded by more than 1000 miles (1500km) of shark-filled waters and blue sky with nothing to hide behind thicker than clouds.

Be thankful for your sharks.

By the way, New Zealand suffers about 108 crimes per year per 1000 people, the U. S. of A. suffers about 41 crimes per year per 1000 people. I suppose New Zealand feels safe since you don't live there. We have many people like that here. They are called "victims". I guess it is just too easy to make statistics lie.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...rimes-per-1000

Edited to remove potentially political statements.
Interesting stats! But are we just reporting more crimes? I mean look at the list and some countries show low crime which I doubt is all crimes etc.

Interesting non the less!