Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i need pics of your guys mco...

does anyone have the ability to take a pic of the MCO for your bike that went thru the DMV?

t-motorsports sent me another, but it looks like something that you could make on a computer.

There is also no control #'s as per the request of my DMV... so i'm hoping they will let it slide...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #2

here is the MCO that came with the bike that i sent back and had filled out. They also notarized it and everything on the back... my MVA says there is no CONTROL # on this form in the lower left hand side that it should have. So they cannot process this.. T-motorsports says that this is not needed and that different countries have different processes.. but i dont care about any of that, i need to satisfy my MVA so that i can get this done!

here is a pic of the original MCO with the MVA nazi's writing all over it...

here is the *new and correct* MCO from T-moronsports....

who wants to tell me what it's missing? Also, the MCO looks like it was made on a color inkjet or laser printer.. then trimmed to size with a paper cutter. Its very thin computer like paper and up close you can see its been printed out with a home style printer...

now the good part is that they at least enclosed copies of their import papers.. the bad news is that i still dont think its going to matter a bit when i go back to the MVA with a MCO without a control # on it.. (this is a field on their computer that they must fill out when processing this shit... So i dunno what to do. I may not be able to get this bike registered. If thats the case, expect lots of illegal riding in the near future.. either that, or im selling it and getting a jap bike that is used and previously titled.. OR i'm going to sell the bike to one of you.. let you take it to your DMV and register it, then im going to buy it back from you and title it in my name... i dunno what else i can do at this point. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best on the next trip to the MVA.

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #3

This was the exact issue I had with the MCO's from Jetmoto. I was able to use a licensed, off-site Arizona MVD office in Phoenix to get around the b***h supervisor in Yuma who kept wanting me to go to a title bonding agency. Why not try to have a friend or relative in another state register it in their name, and then "sell" the bike to you in Maryland. If I was closer to Phoenix, I would do it for you at that check cashing/pawn shop/cash advance place that also does MVD stuff. I would have had you send me the MCO and bill of sale in my name, I could have registered the bike in AZ under my name, and then just sent the plate, sticker, registration and title to you, and then just "sell" the bike to you. It could work in a state like AZ because you don't have to have the bike inspected. The only complication is that you need to have proof of insurance here, which would complicate things a bit.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-22-2007, 01:06 AM   #4

Sorry bro, I used the first one and had problems with it, nothing like your going through, don't even know what a contol # is??? Try another DMV???

Old 03-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Is the top of the back side filled out where the dealer signs it over to you?
That was the problem with my first one.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #6

okkkk...

so i went to the MVA again today(went to the inner city ghetto one) with the newish "fake" mco (it looked like it was done off an inkjet printer)

I didn't even make it past the info desk where they check your documents.

They told me that my particular situation has been broadcasted thru the MVA's network, meaning that EVERYONE is aware of the situation, so i had to drive all the way back to NAZI bitch to get anything done. (she was actually very nice this time as compared to before... i think she feels bad for me.. :?)

All the forms that t-motorsports had sent over to me: EPA cert, HS7 customs and customs duties forms were all falsified. So basically i have to go thru this all over again with t-motorsports.

I'm going to give them one more shot at doing this in a legit manner. They have now sent me a bunch of BS forms that were made on a computer and falsified to look real. It seems that my state is VERY strict about the documents that they look at.

If T-motorsports fails to follow thru this ordeal and get this settled, i will be filing a lawsuit on them, contacting BBB (better business bureau) and also getting in touch with the EPA and customs (falsifying government documents is a federal crime)

Either that, or they will take the bike back, issue me a full refund and i will be heading out to bruce to get a bike thru him which can be tagged and registered.

Either way, i'm very unhappy with all of this, because mainly the weather is getting nice, and i'm stuck here with no legal paperwork to ride, so every time i go out riding, i could be pulled over and arrested/fined.

If ANYONE has any info on what i should/could do about this situation, please pm me. My only other option is to have the bike registered in another state by someone, have them "sell" it back to me, and then re-register it in my home state. This would cost me 2x as much and i would also have to go thru a state inspection, which my bike would not pass now, because of the modded exhaust.

What a crazy ordeal this has become, its almost to the point where i wish i would have just blown 5000 on a used klr650 "pig" and be done with it..... :? :? :? :?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #7

mdsuave, with all due respect, streeting your bike is your responsibility, and mail-ordering a bike is your issue, and your state's issue, not t-motorsports. You will have to prove somewhere that they promise that their bikes are guaranteed to be streeted in every state. Lifan's are EPA/DOT legal for 49 states, but it is up to the individual state to honor this, and your state sounds a little more difficult. I remember someone trying to get their Roketa plated in, I think, New Jersey. He made one of the DMV employees get online to the DOT site where the brand was listed, and they issued him registration. You might just need to go to a title bonding agency, as my local Arizona MVD office tried to get me to go to for my Alpine. It woulld have cost me aobut $125 or so, but if it was the last resort, I was prepared to do this. Fortunately, Arizona allows off-site MVD offices to be run by private parties (something that I am thinking of for Yuma), and was able to register. Good luck, and it's really not t-motorsport's fault!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #8

this is part of the reason i went with a local dealer. they did all the leg work i just signed mco about 2 weeks later i got my title in the mail.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #9

Suave,
Not sure if this is possible but what if you sold it to a motorcycle shop then bought it back from them and paid them to register it for you, just a thought...

Old 03-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #10

I'm a little baffled --- because a notarized document is certified authentic by the fact the notary. You said you had the notarized documentation but they still refused. That just seems strange to me.

The MCO I got back was notarized and filled out on front and back -- and also included a notarized limited power of attorney for me to act on their behalf for all matters needed to title my vehicle.... I didn't need it because they took the MCO as it was and I got my title. Might be an option for you though.

Good luck man.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 03-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
I know i could save money buying a bike on ebay,but everytime i see one of these posts about trouble getting it registured im glad i decided to wait until i save up enough money and buy it from Tom at RPM.A little extra cash to me is worth avoiding the trouble suave is having.I dont have the patients to deal with those hassle's

Old 03-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #12

well i'm not mad at T-motorsports per'se, but i am kinda peeved at the fact that i'm getting the run around from both ends. I asked for paperwork that T-motorsports should have, if they are importing their bikes legally and by us customs.. They shouldnt be doctoring up fake documents that they should have... so that is worth of a gripe.

i understand what everyone is saying as far as the MCO goes, and how it is notarized etc... The only problem is that one person is in charge of stuff, and shes gone and basically locked my ass down.. she put out a notice to ALL MVA's in the state and made them aware of my situation, so i can't even avoid her and just "get it done by a stupid person"

I am going to get back with T-motorsports, i have some leads from the lady at mva on how they can get me a correct MSO thru the legal process the the USA used for imported vehicles. They have to basically buy a bonded liscensed document that is controlled by a company so that there can be no fraud on the vin# or engine #. Thats the whole reason behind the control #'s and watermarks on these MSO's.... The china bike mso is not that way, and i understand what shes getting at. Its just extremely frustrating to have to bounce back and forth and get the paperwork done.

Lifan's manufacturing plant should be giving MSO's with control #'s on each bike that leaves that factory, that way the bike can be reliably issued registration without worry's of fraud. The whole reason why they don't do that is because of the fact that they have to pay a company to do such a thing, which would probably cost them 30-50 dollars a bike. Which mean less profit, or higher prices on the bikes. Not to mention that not everyone that gets one of these bikes is going to register it for the street..

I will keep giving updates as i go with this.

But i will tell you this, i'm willing to pay t-motorsports whatever it costs to get the proper paperwork to register this bike in my state. But i have to wonder about the whole process in general if these chinese bikes arent getting processed like any other vehicle that you would buy. It makes you think how they are getting around paying american companies to save costs so they can make more money. Basically they are figuring out a way to cheat the system for a few dollars here and there.

Ps. the lady said that the MSO that i have is what it should look like, but it doesnt have watermarks, liscesned control #'s or any kind of security implemented in it. She said that it looks like they basically had a real mso at a certain point, then they just started copying them to save money...

hopefully this all gets worked out... otherwise i'll be selling the lifan i have to someone on this board with a new MCO from T-motorsports...

Old 03-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #13

Could you try contacting another dealer and resolving it through them? For example, I had no issues with XXX motorsports when they sent the documents I needed. Could you call them up and ask them to notarize it for you? Or provide you with a legit looking copy?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #14

well my copy was fully filled out and notarized.. but my mva wants this to be a lisensed and bonded document by a 3rd party company..

i mean they pretty much did me with no lube at the MVA, the lady now wants EPA docs, customs import docs, shipping company docs, etc..

I really think that this lady thinks shes uncovered some huge international scandal, and that shes going to break the case wide open.. shes a dumb #@%#.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #15

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that. I was anticipating the same thing you are going through, but i had all my paperwork with me and they asked for nothing!? I was like, uh....ok, cool!

Best of luck to you, maybe try to drive up to PA if you are close. (I am originally from York, PA)