Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 02:54 AM   #1

wiring issues on a chinese 110 atv

Ok, first a couple of things. One, I am new to this forum so please be patient and secondly, I know this topic has been covered, but not in a way that I actually understand.

I purchased a GIO mini hummer 110, and it came without the wiring connected from the handlebars to the wiring harness near the front left wheel. I have it all figured out except four sets of wires with two-prong connections. By the way, I have a manual with the wiring diagram, but am still unsure of a couple of things.

Coming from the right side of the handle bars is a set of two wires. The wires are green/white and black. Are these for the brake lights and so should they attach to a set of green/red and black wires from the harness side? I'll talk about harness side wiring later.

From the left handle bar is a set of two wires that are red and green. Also coming from the left handlebar are two sets of wires in the same insulation. One set is yellow and red (headlights?) and the other is black and brown.

Coming from the harness are two sets of green/red and black wires. Also there is a set of green and black/white wires and a set of green/red and pink wires. Yes I am aware that pink is not a color option on the wiring diagram. Is this supposed to be brown and this set is for the taillights?

Someone please help!!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #2

OK, I just took a look at mine and it's wired as follows:

Right Side Handlebar

Brake Light Switch (Front Brake) is green/yellow and black - matches to green/red and black on the harness.

Left Side Handlebar

Brake Light Switch (Rear Brake) is green and red - matches to green/red and black on the harness.

Headlights are white green blue and match to black white blue on the harness

Starter relay is red and yellow and match to red/green and orange on the harness.

Kill Switch is brown and black and matches to black/white and green on the harness.

My mini hummer is only a few months old. The headlights are a group of three for high beam/low beam/ground. Sounds like the orange wire on mine is pink on yours.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #3

wiring issue

Thanks so much, that clears it all right up for me. You are a lifesaver! Now its off to the quad to label every wire I can.